Have you exercised today? Accountability thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Silver said:
14.4km bike ride tonight, 36 minutes

must speed up

Darn you, show off!! I did about the same distance a few weeks ago and it took me more than 2 hours... I just learned to ride a real bike a couple of months ago and I still have to get off and push it when there is a break in the cycling lane and have to go among the traffic to save my bottom from getting run over...:wacko:

However I can beat you on a spinning bike though:ROFLMAO:

Good luck with your training and tri athalon!

Thanks for the info and the link.

Sounds like you are committed to getting healthy, good for you!

My daughter is getting married in August and I'm committed to losing weight and getting healthy also.

I've been exercising one hr. every day - alternating with yoga, weight training, aerobics. I've got 17 lbs. to lose, I've lost 10. Haven't got a mother of the bride dress yet...I want to reach my goal first.

You're an inspiration!

urmaniac13 said:
Darn you, show off!! I did about the same distance a few weeks ago and it took me more than 2 hours... I just learned to ride a real bike a couple of months ago and I still have to get off and push it when there is a break in the cycling lane and have to go among the traffic to save my bottom from getting run over...:wacko:

However I can beat you on a spinning bike though:ROFLMAO:

:LOL: The guy that won the mini-tri last year did the 15km ride in about 27:40. I just want to get down to 30 minutes or so. If I can do that in my hilly neighbourhood, I can only imagine how easy it'll be on flat!

Congrats on learning to ride! I really really enjoy riding. I've been riding since I was a kid and, although I've taken extended breaks (hence being fat), have always enjoyed it and wished I'd done more of it. Now's my time! Cycling should make getting around Rome easier! Traffic seemed crazy when I visited there.

CherylMASS said:
Thanks for the info and the link.

Sounds like you are committed to getting healthy, good for you!

My daughter is getting married in August and I'm committed to losing weight and getting healthy also.

I've been exercising one hr. every day - alternating with yoga, weight training, aerobics. I've got 17 lbs. to lose, I've lost 10. Haven't got a mother of the bride dress yet...I want to reach my goal first.

You're an inspiration!

Good for you Cheryl! You're almost there!

Thank you so much for saying that I'm an inspiration. As a fat boy for most of my life, to have anyone say that something that I'm doing is inspiring them to be healthy is a really new sensation for me. Best of luck and let's keep each other going on this site!

I ran a marathon a couple of weeks ago (my 4th ever) and set a PR and more importantly...I qualified for Boston!

Woohoo! Got myself back at the gym yesterday. I worked out with my husband and son. We did 30 minutes of cardio-20 on the EFX and 10 on the treadmill then 30 extra minutes weightlifting. I must have burned about 500 calories.

cipher said:
I ran a marathon a couple of weeks ago (my 4th ever) and set a PR and more importantly...I qualified for Boston!

Awesome! Congrats! That's a BIG deal.

And Dina! Way to go! The gym is the best place to get back into shape, if you ask me.

Myself, I've taken a couple of days off due to this cold...but will hopefully in the pool at 6am tomorrow working on some swimming drills.

I went to the gym this morning. 30 minutes on the bike, 30 minutes on the tredmill (not running, just doing the "fat burn" workout). I like doing the rowing machine but I like to change it up so my body doesn't get used to the workout. Are there any other forms of aerobic exercise that use your arms? I don't have access to a pool. :( I just want to burn calories but my legs do all the work and I don't want to look weird with big legs and little arms lol.

EFX for 30 minutes yesterday and I'm on my way to the gym this morning. Planning on weightlifting today while training my son.

Worked out this morning - 40 minutes of EFX and 45 minutes weightlifting. Surprising how exercise provides so much energy. I have only slept less than 5 hours and still going...off to painting my daughter's room now.

Yesterday, I did 20 minutes on the stepper and 20 minutes on the bike. Today, I must find the motivation to take a 1 hour step class! :)

I'm skipping my Monday class ... too much going on plus had a dinner party last night and am still cleaning up. Since I walk most places I go, I don't feel that skipping it for a morning is earth-shattering.

No exercise this weekend except cleaning house and painting my daughter's room. Not much of a cardio workout.

I jogged a mile and a half this morning on the treadmill, used the exercise bike for a while and did the rowing machine for 15 minutes. I think my endurance is really starting to build up.

Got up at 5.30, went to the gym, jogged, went on cross trainer (eliptical), cardiowave and stepper, did an hour all up, which considering the jetlag is good going.

Back
Top Bottom