Having a party on your plate today, Thurs, 11/16/2017?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now those sound like great waffles MsM. Like Bliss, I don't have a waffle iron either because I normally don't like them. Do you use a topping for them, or maple syrup, or?
Made these a few days ago.

Corn & Bacon Waffles (made with whey). Topped with butter, maple syrup, sour cream and strawberry topping.

waffles_111017_IMG_3428.jpg

I've topped them with butter, maple syrup and one or more of the following - homemade: strawberry compote, strawberry rhubarb compote, lemon curd, lime curd, spiced peach compote, homemade yogurt.
Also store bought sour cream and strawberry sundae topping. I like to add a sour/tangy note to balance the sweet toppings.

The corn and bacon go perfectly with the toppings.

BTW leftover corn and bacon waffles make great PB&J sandwiches.

I've used the same batter for pancakes when I didn't want to dig out the waffle iron.

Last edited:
Now those sound like great waffles MsM. Like Bliss, I don't have a waffle iron either because I normally don't like them. Do you use a topping for them, or maple syrup, or?
I made stew last night. Was very good but no pictures. Everyone wanted to eat. :angel:

Thanks for the yummy information MsM! Can you share your recipe for the waffle/pancake batter?
You mentioned that buttermilk can be used instead of whey, and that's what I'd be doing. TIA

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom