Hello all!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SGM Chef

Assistant Cook
Greetings!

My name is Eric, I’m retired after a wonderful career in Food Service! I was a chef before joining the U.S. Army and for the first 20 years in the military I fed 4 stars and diplomats. My career peaked serving the Supreme Allied Commander of NATO, in Belgium. The attached photos are from that era. The Gingerbread Chateau has the image of the actual Chateau inset. Just another wanna-be Pastry Chef! (9 ACF golds for my Sugar work) I think I know a few things and hope to contribute.

Attachments

• IMG_0767.jpg
    IMG_0767.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0768.jpg
    IMG_0768.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0770.JPG
    IMG_0770.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0795.JPG
    IMG_0795.JPG
    247.8 KB · Views: 21
Welcome to the forum! Looking at those photos, it doesn't look like you were a "wanna-be" Pastry chef, by any means!

Kathleen, first thought I had was sugar ball, but never seen one so clear. 2nd was the custard and the tower inside? LOL, looked like an Oh Henry! well, sorry! but that's what I saw! :rolleyes:

Hi and thanks for the welcome!

1st photo was a blown sugar "Crystal Ball" for a halloween party, Mocha Bavarian cream, Kahlua cream, shooting star tuile, choc. cut-outs. Break the ball to get to the dessert!

2nd photo was a frozen dark Choc. Bavarois w/ Chambord Raspberry Coulis, Tower was poured and spun sugar tower w/ tuile troughs.

3rd photo was a Croquembouche centerpiece w/ an Almond Nougatine star and base decorations.

Gingerbread house

Not that having people guess "What is that? isn't entertaining!

Greetings!

My name is Eric, I’m retired after a wonderful career in Food Service! I was a chef before joining the U.S. Army and for the first 20 years in the military I fed 4 stars and diplomats. My career peaked serving the Supreme Allied Commander of NATO, in Belgium. The attached photos are from that era. The Gingerbread Chateau has the image of the actual Chateau inset. Just another wanna-be Pastry Chef! (9 ACF golds for my Sugar work) I think I know a few things and hope to contribute.
Hi, welcome to the forum.
It is very nice to know about you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom