Help Me Name This Little Guy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hmm... hard work...
Zeus, Apollo, Hermes, Ares, Orpheus or something else from mythology...
Angelus, Bubi, Heinrich, Gunter, Siegfried or something like that.. ;o)

Sugarbear. I heared a dog named that yesterday and really liked it, even though its a cheesy name.

A friend gave my gs a rocking horse who he named "tickles". I asked him how he decided on that name. He said because his tail (made of yarn) always tickles me when I sit on him. He is now 6 years old and doesn't ride "Tickles" anymore, but won't let me get rid of it.

In our house most animals never seem to keep the names they're originally christened with.

"Frenzy" (cat) turned into "Dumley". "Inka" (cat) turned into "Dink". "Benny" (cat) turned into "Benoit Kitty" & then into "Fat Boy". "Snowy" (cat) turned into "Little Sweetheart" aka "America's Little Sweetheart". "Daphne" (cat) turned into "Little Miss Friggin' Adorable". "Elvis" (cat) turned into "Elmo". "Bruno" (Plott Hound/Lab cross dog) turned into "Doodyhead". "Liesl" (Doberman) turned into "Knutsky" aka "Little Nazi". "Dory" (Walker Coonhound) turned into "P.D." aka "Poochie Dog". You get the picture.

Amazingly enough, they all answer to both their original names & their morphed names as well - lol!!!

Last edited:
My two girly cats are called Panache and Nougat. But they get called Mr LingWoo Yakamoto San and Puny Noonie Roonie Macaroonie more often. They have a whole host of nick names and bizarrly they respond to them all. :LOL:

If I wasn't so determined to travel a lot once my beloved puppy meets her eternal reward, I'd have an orange marmade kitty today. She showed up on a friend's door step and was SO cute. I don't know the sex (even vets have been known to mix up kittie's sex). But the color was to die for.

Seriously though, give it a little time, don't cut and paste a name on him in a haste... as you get to know him and his personality better, I am sure just the right name for him will spring out on you guys one day soon. It will be his name that will stick with him throughout his life, so it is worth a little wait and observation for that inspiration to come...:cool:

I just got a new kitten and when I first saw her I said, "jeepers, creepers, where'd you get those peepers"! Her name is Peepers. Watch her for a bit and a name will come, it always does. Hug her for me and nuzzle that spot just behind the ears, I love how cats smell! DH says I'm always hugging and huffing them! Isn't that why God made cats?

silentmeow said:
I just got a new kitten and when I first saw her I said, "jeepers, creepers, where'd you get those peepers"! Her name is Peepers. Watch her for a bit and a name will come, it always does. Hug her for me and nuzzle that spot just behind the ears, I love how cats smell! DH says I'm always hugging and huffing them! Isn't that why God made cats?
I agree with you on this!!! I love to snuzzle them!!! My oldest daughter likes to give her 17 year old cat a huge smooch on the top of his head, then says "There Bugs-for-brains, I got them out for ya!"

What a cute kitten!!! I am little late...have you picked out a name yet? I'm allergeric to cats and have a little dog instead. His name is Pogi, it means Handsome my language.

Silentmeow, if you make kissy sounds to our male cat, he'll come up & give you a kiss. My son loves doing that! I love that spot just behind the ears too.

Gemgirl, we haven't named him yet. I keep calling him little booger or boog for short. When he comes out of the loveseat, he grabs my hair & tries to pull it back in there with him!

OK, the kitten now has a name! It's Capone, as in Al Capone. Hubby named him after watching him "boss" the dog & other 2 cats around all day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom