Help me!! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really enjoyed a Thai Basil Chicken Stir Fry that I made a few days back. Served with some Jasmine Rice. It was yummy!

Does that inspire you? If not, someone else will likely be along soon enough!

Welcome to the forum, @nasturia!

A Thai dinner would always inspire me! However, I'd have to ask, what kinds of cuisines would you be interested in, and what kinds of ingredients do you have access to?

Grilled chicken and ginger chicken from my favorite Chinese place in my favorite mall. I have been trying to re-create them at home. I will post my recipes when I can.

Grilled chicken and ginger chicken from my favorite Chinese place in my favorite mall. I have been trying to re-create them at home. I will post my recipes when I can.
You can just give us the ingredients and then a comparison to the Chinese place...what you like or don't like about the one you are cooking yourself. Then, maybe we can all put heads together and come up with suggestions!?

I made this chicken the other night and it was really, really good. I was surprised but just how good it tasted. DH was impressed too. I will definitely make this again. But, I will probably serve it potatoes (baked? roasted? Hasselback?) and a salad.

How about our own Andy's version of Tuscan Butter Shrimp

20230604_191635.jpg
Shrimp, Spinach, Rice Noodles

Stuffed Giant Shells this is a recipe for 1 or 2 people, but it is certainly easy to enlarge.
23.08.28 stuffed.jpg
with Ricotta & Spinach
23.10.07 done a.jpg
finished with Sauce and Cheese

What do you go for? Chicken? Pork? Asian? (like a Stir Fry) Fish? Sea Food?

Want some Slow Cooker recipes? Even if you don't have an actual Slow Cooker they are easily done with a Dutch Oven in the oven or stove top.

Pizza maybe?
I made a sourdough one with more or less flammkuchen toppings that I really liked.
Or a quiche
And of course Thai or Indonesian. It's my "go to" food.
I'll probably make a noodle soup for lunch just now

I love butter garlic shrimp. It's easy to make and is done in about 4 minutes. The recipe I have for the sauce makes enough for two pounds, so if I get two pounds of shrimp, I can get a couple of meals or more from it.

This is the recipe I use:

rodentraiser, excellent idea!

nasturia, try looking up some of Chef John recipes, especially ones with a video.
He manages to make most things look so doable! With the video you're not caught trying to figure out what something means, you can see it.

Even something as easy as Mushroom Gravy has a video and might inspire you to use it on that plain Ground Beef Patty and Mash Potatoes or change the stock from beef to chicken and use it over a chicken breast that has gotten boring.
1699445297178.png

Don't forget to check out the What's on the Menu - Dinner Threads. Many post pictures that might inspire you. Many will also be willing to post the recipe they used - hopefully in a new thread - makes it easier to find again!

Don't forget to let us know if something inspires you to try and how it turned out. ;) - and don't worry if it doesn't turn out the way you want - Let us know and perhaps someone can help you correct it.

Back
Top Bottom