Help-Waring by Cuisinart Commercial Food Processor S Blade not Pulling food down/Cutting it all! Any Help/Solution?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimtmcdaniels

Assistant Cook
Hi, Any suggestions?!:
Our new Waring by Cuisinart Commercial Food Processor Model# FP2200 is not Pulling the upper food down properly to Cutting it all to size when using the supplied S blade. This is causing us no to use the machine!
This S blade does have an upper small "wing" that doesn't seem to do much of anything.
The blades look straight and new...

The blades do have screws and so are removable from the center plastic cone they are affixed to.
So I can remove them and bend in a vice if that might help. But which way to bend them...
The blades spin counter clockwise when turned on.

Anyone have an idea?

Thank-You!

Screen Shot 2023-10-12 at 3.00.17 AM.png

Hi, Any suggestions?!:
Our new Waring by Cuisinart Commercial Food Processor Model# FP2200 is not Pulling the upper food down properly to Cutting it all to size when using the supplied S blade. This is causing us no to use the machine!
This S blade does have an upper small "wing" that doesn't seem to do much of anything.
The blades look straight and new...

The blades do have screws and so are removable from the center plastic cone they are affixed to.
So I can remove them and bend in a vice if that might help. But which way to bend them...
The blades spin counter clockwise when turned on.

Anyone have an idea?

Thank-You!

View attachment 66445
Your question is very confusing when you say " is not Pulling the upper food down properly to Cutting it all to size when using the supplied S blade." Cutting to size happens when you feed the ingredients from the top through the tube on the plastic attachement shown beside the food processor. When ingredients are added to the food processor there is no size variability, it all gets reduced to pretty much a puree. Sometimes depending on the product the density and the total amount used will not properly get pureed and a liquid or the bowl to be filled less or both. The 2 blades, don't know, never used a machine that had 2 and if robot coupe doesn't have one I suspect it's more gimmick than anything.

Your question is very confusing when you say " is not Pulling the upper food down properly to Cutting it all to size when using the supplied S blade." Cutting to size happens when you feed the ingredients from the top through the tube on the plastic attachement shown beside the food processor. When ingredients are added to the food processor there is no size variability, it all gets reduced to pretty much a puree. Sometimes depending on the product the density and the total amount used will not properly get pureed and a liquid or the bowl to be filled less or both. The 2 blades, don't know, never used a machine that had 2 and if robot coupe doesn't have one I suspect it's more gimmick than anything.
You make some good points. I don't have a commercial FP, but my home FP does have a slicing disk, which cuts fairly uniform slices. Seems to me I remember a previous FB that had a disk with interchangeable "blades" that would cut sticks or dice. Those do not involve any S-blades.

The S blade is installed in the picture. It is 2 blades which form the S shape when viewed from above.
There are also 2 upper short little straight blades on this jumbo size machine, which do little.
Thank you for the conversation. I found the fix seems to be we bent the tips of both blades Down some. The staff says it seems to move the food down through the blade enough now, even when filled to capacity.
Take care

The S blade is installed in the picture. It is 2 blades which form the S shape when viewed from above.
There are also 2 upper short little straight blades on this jumbo size machine, which do little.
Thank you for the conversation. I found the fix seems to be we bent the tips of both blades Down some. The staff says it seems to move the food down through the blade enough now, even when filled to capacity.
Take care
We first loosened the attaching screws some as not to allow bending force to by chance crack the plastic center cone. Then we used 2 large pliers on one blade at a time.

Wow, this blades look unusual. I have the Cuisinart 14-Cup Food Processor that all the YouTube chef's seem to use, and was named bets by America's Test Kitchen. I have zero complaints with the performance of the s-blades. I get very even processing.

I have no idea what those top blades are supposed to do.

CD

Wow, this blades look unusual. I have the Cuisinart 14-Cup Food Processor that all the YouTube chef's seem to use, and was named bets by America's Test Kitchen. I have zero complaints with the performance of the s-blades. I get very even processing.

I have no idea what those top blades are supposed to do.

CD
It doesn't get much better than the Cuisinart and bought one back in the 80's. I had an opportunity through robot coupe and was gifted one and gave my Cuisinart to a buddy of mine 8 years ago that still raves about it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom