How about pot pies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marlingardener

Sous Chef
When I was growing up, frozen pizzas were awful. Now they aren't bad, and often good. We had frozen pot pies once a week, maybe twice, and they were mostly some gravy with a few vegetables and a bit of meat.
Have pot pies, like frozen pizza, improved over the years?

I still enjoy the inexpensive pot pies from Banquet. 🤭

I serve them over frozen mixed vegetables and or a baked potato for a lazy inexpensive meal.

I haven’t found a more upscale frozen pot pie that I was satisfied with,

For something special at home I would bake off rounds of pie crust or biscuit dough sized to fit individual serving dishes and use them to top a homemade stew, creamed chicken, seafood, etc…

Friends swear by the Chicken Pot Pie from Costco. Not frozen and seasonal...not this season of the year. But, they are huge...so invite your friends and family or be prepared to enjoy this for a few meals?

In Quebec I could get these PG pot pies - not frozen but I would buy them on sale and freeze them. the large ones I sometimes sliced up first as they were family size.
Sooo good. They have a variety of chicken, salmon, with regular pie dough or puff pastry. A fairly large menu of other stuff - including quiche. :pig::pig::pig::pig:
They say Walmart, Canada carries them but I haven't checked here.
format-pate-au-poulet-585-g.png

I love pot pie, and love what we make in our pie maker. I bought a pot pie at a big box store (not Costco) and it was one of the driest things I ever warmed up. We ended up making gravy to go over it.

I love pot pie, and love what we make in our pie maker. I bought a pot pie at a big box store (not Costco) and it was one of the driest things I ever warmed up. We ended up making gravy to go over it.
Agreed with you.
Pie maker is a worth buying thing.

I still enjoy the inexpensive pot pies from Banquet. 🤭

I serve them over frozen mixed vegetables and or a baked potato for a lazy inexpensive meal.

I haven’t found a more upscale frozen pot pie that I was satisfied with,

For something special at home I would bake off rounds of pie crust or biscuit dough sized to fit individual serving dishes and use them to top a homemade stew, creamed chicken, seafood, etc…
I like them too. Keep them around for when I'm craving one. Sometimes I eat them by themselves and sometimes I'll dump the baked pie (I prefer them baked in the oven, if I have time) over mashed potatoes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom