How did you find DiscussCooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:ermm: I have been asking myself that question and the answer is always the same...I don't remember:excl: But this is the best thing that has happened to me..DH calls it my Therapy Group.

:cool:

yeah, Bucky! You're one of the funniest guys around! That, & the fact that you get my jokes gives you mega brownie points!

Just don't ever leave us!

This was most interesting ... of the 35 people who responded this is how it breaks down:

Food Network Refugees: 19
Personal Refferences: 5
Unknown/Don't Remember: 4
Newspaper Article: 1
Google Search: 4
Link from another Website Reference: 2

Heard people talking about this site on another cooking forum site.

Well I posted almost immediately after finding this forum - I was looking on google for good pork recipes and Mudbug's post came up...

I am glad to be here, especially since my great friends WendieJ and Lena are now here too!

I did a google seach for bread problems and was lucky enough to find you all. BuckyTom, I found the same problem at epi as you. I know my humor is sometimes quirky but gee what can you expect from an old lady.

I was trying to find a bread recipe, but all the ones from food network, and other recipe databases probabally hadn't been tested by real people...so I did a google search for "cooking forums" and found this place. I like forums better because you get to see the feed back from poeple.

I was doing a search for cooking forums and came across this a while back. Seems lile a good bunch and decided to add it to my list. I am a forum leader at 2 other forums, one is a family site where I host cooking and graden forums and the other a koi and pond forum.

Yep, I'm with the majority here -- saw a post recommending this site on the Foodnetwork Message Boards just before they went belly-up! Sure glad I found you guys!!!!

I believe it was when I was looking for a recipe and was directed here. I've learned a lot!

I was tired of all the negging on CL, and a friend on the site recomended this site. I haven't looked back since. I also have all but left cheftalk because this site is more active on a daily basis.

Chef_Jen said:
I was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar.... thats how i met you..

SOrry just singing LOL

Don't worry Jen, of course we want you here, baby!!:LOL:

Gee, it is almost my first anniversary here... just a few days to go if I remember it correctly it was 7th of September last year, I was trying to figure out a trick to get that "muffin effect" on my muffins, so like many others I did the Google. This forum came up, I signed up and posed the question, I was so impressed with the amount of help, interest, care and the general feel of welcome that was shown immediately.

I have registered with several forums (not just cooking also other interests) just to have my question answered quickly at that moment, and I achieve what I look for quite often, I have never met with such friendly, welcoming and fun atmosphere from the first moment on. So, I ended up sticking around, even when I was satisfied with my questions, and decided to have more fun with you guys. And the fun continues to this day, almost a year after!!

(BTW, my initial question was solved by the advice given by Shunka, using an oiled spatula and making a cross with it on top of each muffins... glazie mille, Shunka!!:) )

Back
Top Bottom