how do you like to unwind & relax?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Right now I would pass out very quickly. :( I had 1 shot of Rock & Rye Tuesday night & got dizzy. :oops: But let me get over this cold or whatever it is & I'll be there in full force! :LOL:

kitchenelf said:
You just show up luvs!!!!!

sounds like a plan; see ya there!
and ronjohn, i'll grab a few pies. pepperoni, extra cheese, what do you guys want on them?

crewsk said:
Right now I would pass out very quickly. :( I had 1 shot of Rock & Rye Tuesday night & got dizzy. :oops: But let me get over this cold or whatever it is & I'll be there in full force! :LOL:

I'm guessing that wasn't the Faygo Rock & Rye (soda pop)??? ;)

John

No, it wasn't. It was Mr. Boston...the stuff with the lemon slice floating in it. I keep a bottle of it around to help clear up congestion & coughs.

I have some homemade blackberry cordial and Huckleberry cordial that I'll bring along to share. A few sips of it is all ya need to feed GOOD! :D :D

A walk in the country on a warm day, listening to the birds and soaking up the 'blueness' of the sky.

Say, about 3 glasses of red, with Norah Jones playing quietly.

Saturday night, nothing on TV, in bed early, chapter 3 of my favourite novel and all night to finish it. :D

When I get my relaxing time?? I have the kids in bed at 9. AWWW peace and quiet :D . I turn the tube on and do my word searches, maybe take a bubblebath, make a kahlua drink and relax. On the weekends now that spring is hopefully around the cornor I can start my woodburning, That is relaxing for me. :D

All in all Im a pretty calm guy so relaxing isint an issue too often. Even when I worked in insurance and they told me daily that this job burns out people like crazy (due to the millions involved) I was cool.

Still when I do need to relax I love to stop up the side drains in the tub and fill it as much as possible with REALLY hot water. Either that or some good violent entertainment (video games, kung fu movies, etc) really do the trick.

As well as my 'day job', I teach Scottish country dancing - believe me, after a 2 hour class, twice a week, I'm as relaxed as anything - well, exhausted is probably nearer the mark ;)

I get on the internet, here or other chat room type places (other hobby is genealogy) and pop a cd in the player, either Native American Flute music and chants, classical guitar, Cesaria Evora or one of my exotic type escoteric foreign instrumentals from Greece, France, South America, Africa, Scandinavia, love them all.

I unwind by measuring. I like to measure out what I am going to bake the next day. Sounds weird, but I measuring is one of my favorite parts of baking. :)

htc said:
I unwind by measuring. I like to measure out what I am going to bake the next day. Sounds weird, but I measuring is one of my favorite parts of baking. :)

htc that is the most important thing that needs to be accurate when baking.

I like to unwind by taking a drive down a country road and listen to heavy duty rock band. Then I crank up my 2000 watt stereo and drive by the old folks home. :LOL: Only kidding. ;)

MJ said:
I like to unwind by taking a drive down a country road and listen to heavy duty rock band. Then I crank up my 2000 watt stereo and drive by the old folks home. :LOL: Only kidding. ;)

MJ you have a wierd sense of humor, been eating too much lutefisk lately, or fiskebollers?????

Back
Top Bottom