How Do You Make Your Hot Chocolate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I add some cinammon and some whip cream and sometimes some pieces of chocolate chips cookies yum yum

Yummy Hot Chocolate

I get a nice big mug and add 3 heaped spoons of coco powder.
1 teaspoon of sugar.
Heat my milk in the microwave then pour it into the mug whilst whisking.
Then i add 1 marshmallow and i grate 3 blocks of Cadbury milk chocolate on the top.
:cool: lovely...

I don't drink hot chocolate very often because I just don't think of it. After reading this thread, I had to have a cup. LOL Due to my diabetes I use Swiss Miss Diet. 4 gm carb, 2 gm sugar. It's no where near the home made my mother used to make, but it satisfies my chocolate craving.

I don't drink hot chocolate very often because I just don't think of it. After reading this thread, I had to have a cup. LOL Due to my diabetes I use Swiss Miss Diet. 4 gm carb, 2 gm sugar. It's no where near the home made my mother used to make, but it satisfies my chocolate craving.
What is in that stuff? 1 cup of milk has ~12 grams of carbs and of sugar.
Show Foods.

Here is a link to the nutritional information. It does not show the actual ingredients. From the side of the box it says it contains : nonfat milk, cocoa, calcium carbonate, modified whey, salt, natural and artificial flavors, carrageenan, acesulfame potassium, sucralose, disodium phosphate. I don't know how they came up with the carb and sugar count, but I would say it contains less than 1 cup of milk.

Calories in Swiss Miss - Hot Chocolate Mix, Diet | Nutrition and Health Facts

Here is a link to the nutritional information. It does not show the actual ingredients. From the side of the box it says it contains : nonfat milk, cocoa, calcium carbonate, modified whey, salt, natural and artificial flavors, carrageenan, acesulfame potassium, sucralose, disodium phosphate. I don't know how they came up with the carb and sugar count, but I would say it contains less than 1 cup of milk.

Calories in Swiss Miss - Hot Chocolate Mix, Diet | Nutrition and Health Facts
I wouldn't drink that, but I am real nit picky about additives in my food. If I were diabetic, I would make cocoa the old fashioned way, but substitute one of the sugar alcohols for the sugar. I might even make the way I used to see it served in restos (substituting a sugar alcohol for the sugar). They made it with just water, cocoa, and sugar and served it with some 10% cream on the side.

I also use cocoa powder and sugar to make a paste and then add milk. BUT...

I add a pinch of salt, vanilla and once made usually add a little half and half or a small handful of butter mints - fabulous!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom