How do you season steamed vegetables?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have always season before steaming. In other words, sprinkle directly on the top of the vegetable - steam. Often the seasonings will go into the water itself and I consider that good as I believe the steam carries it back up into the vegie.

do you only salt and pepper? how do you steam?

i've ordered a bamboo steamer.

i've also seen this
i plan on doing such recipe with chicken instead

That looks pretty healthy, meaning not too much fat/sugar/salt. When I make a stir fry, it is really a stir steamed mix of veggies, and I add a water/garlic/ginger/corn starch mix when it is done, to get it glazed. We serve it with a separate sauce (which can be almost any kind) and I like it plain.

The bamboo steamer is also good for buns, like stuffed buns, collards and sweet potatoes, or onions, greens, and mushrooms.
collardssweetpotatobuns-017.jpg

collardssweetpotatobuns_022.jpg

I try not to season my veggies, because store bought stuff like salad dressings have too many weird ingredients in them plus they are fattening.

I would just eat them plain like the stud that I am (just kidding, I am a woman). At most, I'd just drizzle some olive oil over them. The whole purpose of eating vegetables is for the nutrients. For me, anyway.

"Plain like the stud that I am"..... :ROFLMAO: I needed that.

Asparagus goes very well with summer savory.
Cucumber goes very well with dill.
Apples with cinnamon.
Lettuce will take about anything.
Mushrooms are good plain or with thyme, rosemary, and sage.
Cauliflower I like plain.
Greens I like with some AC vinegar and no-salt or salt.
Sweet pickles w/cloves.
Tomatoes can go from sweet to savory, italian w/basil and oregano.

Reactions: Wan
Back
Top Bottom