How does the "No Peek" technique work with smaller rib roasts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As opposed to... people who like their rib roast to not have flavor? :wacko:
What a hoot :LOL:
IMO prime rib is one of the least flavorful ways to cook it anyway. Why do you think people insist of having it with horseradish and Au Jus? Much better to slice it up call it a ribeye and grill it, but then you wouldn't be eating prime rib :rolleyes:

Well, mine does have flavor. Perhaps I know how to cook it.:chef:

As opposed to... people who like their rib roast to not have flavor? :wacko:
What a hoot :LOL:
IMO prime rib is one of the least flavorful ways to cook it anyway. Why do you think people insist of having it with horseradish and Au Jus? Much better to slice it up call it a ribeye and grill it, but then you wouldn't be eating prime rib :rolleyes:

For those of us who adore the flavour of meat, it's nice, once in a while. Me, I'm not big on sauces or gravies. I like to taste the meat. If I serve steak, the DH calls it "slab o' meat". :LOL: :LOL:

I like mine rare to medium rare in the middle and a very nicely browned crust on the outside. I like to coat the PR with lots of salt and garlic and anything else that seems suitable for the crust.

And I always have to ask in a restaurant to please bring me real horseradish, not that toned down stuff mixed with sour cream.

When eating prime rib out I always ask for an end cut. I'll take it a little overdone (for my tastes) just to have that extra flavor.

Good luck with your roast rib. You should be fine if you have the weight of the meat and timing worked out. I like my beef to be on the rare side, I find it more flavoursome.

Back
Top Bottom