How long to thaw frozen beef in refrigerator?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I always thaw my hamburger (almost always one pound at a time) on the counter. It takes about 8 hours and is still cold when it's thawed. I thought hamburger was supposed to be room temperature before it's cooked anyway. But if I thaw it in the fridge, I swear it would take a week. Plus I have such a little fridge, there really isn't room for it in there.

I always thaw my hamburger (almost always one pound at a time) on the counter. It takes about 8 hours and is still cold when it's thawed. I thought hamburger was supposed to be room temperature before it's cooked anyway. But if I thaw it in the fridge, I swear it would take a week. Plus I have such a little fridge, there really isn't room for it in there.
This is really unsafe.

Flattening out the ground beef is the best way to ensure it thaws quickly, but there are some foods I make which require very little handling of the beef. I use two forks to mix in the ingredients and basically treat the meat as gently as possible; this means a more tender result. You can look up "Butcher's Nuggets" on Food Wishes to see an example of a meal where minimal handling of the ground beef is appropriate. In these instances, flattening out the ground beef is not desirable.

I suppose that when one needs to make this kind of meal, one can simply buy the meat fresh.

I just thawed out a brisket in the walk-in at the restaurant and it took about 40 hours. walk-in temperature, 3 degrees Celsius.

I can remember when I was like 10 and water conservation commercials were all the rage. I figure it's gotten somewhat worse since then at least a bit, so I try not to waste too much water if I can. 😊

It was a 90s PBS kids commercial.

Water, water everywhere but not a drop to spare
Water on the ground; water in the air
Though it may evaporate, it never goes away
Snows onto your mountaintop, flows into your bay
Animals need water, people need it too
Keep it clean for me, and I'll keep it clean for you!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom