How's the garden coming along??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yeah, rosemary and lamb were made for each other.

I have to replant my basil every year. Cilantro can't survive the summer heat where I live, but somehow, parsley does.

CD

You and I have about the same summer heat temperature-wise, Casey. Cilantro loves cooler weather. I've gotten lucky (sometimes) planting seeds in December, but as soon as it warms up in early spring they bolt, and are done. It's so finicky and short lived that I find cilantro to be more trouble than it's worth for a few leaves. :ermm::LOL:

Last edited:
You and I have about the same summer heat temperature-wise, Casey. Cilantro loves cooler weather. I've gotten lucky (sometimes) planting seeds in December, but as soon as it warms up in early spring they bolt, and are done. It's so finicky and short lived that I find cilantro to be more trouble than it's worth for a few leaves. :ermm::LOL:

Yeah, I only planted it once. I don't think it even made it through the month of May.

CD

I plant multiple plants in different areas, as mentioned earlier we freeze it as we pick it as well. Cilantro is my fave herb.

Russ

Found a skunk in the live trap this morning. Something has been eating my tomatoes. I had to MacGyver a nail on the end of a 12 foot strapping. Open the trap door and run like heck. All done in my boxer shorts at 6:30. Worked out. I earned my coffee this morning.

Soooo, you garden in your boxers?? :ermm::ROFLMAO:

LOL!!! I hang out on the back deck in my nightgown, watering the tomatoes...I don't know if anyone has spotted me, yet!

Im in the same garden wardrobe club as you guys!

When I get up in the morning, I go out into the garden in an old worn out t shirt, boxers and a pair ladies garden shoes/ clogs with either chickens or goat patterns on them ( whichever I grab first is the one I go out in).

I pay my taxes, its my land, of the neighbors don't want to see a middle aged guy in his boxers wearing ladies shoes in the garden, they can close their blinds or look the other way :)

Just as note, I liked the chicken and goat pattern and they didnt come in mens sizes so I had my wife convert the ladies size to mens size so they fit. I also wear them to the bank, or what ever the errand i go on. They're comfortable :)

:LOL: Early morning backyard attire here for watering plants and coffee at the patio table is an oversized Tshirt, and flip flops. No one can see me. :)

I dress like a bum around the house. Right now I am wearing sweat shorts and a sleeveless t-shirt. I don't care what I look like when nobody other my friends and family are going to see me.

Besides being comfortable, when I do dress up for an occasion, people who know me are amazed.:cool::LOL:

I do draw a line at going outside in my underwear. :ermm:

CD

I'm a nightshirt outdoor person as well. I'm very lucky in that the house and areas I need to travel in around the place are not visible from the road.

So mornings I tend the geese in my nightshirt. and usually do the watering at the same time befor the sun get too high.

The last four days I have not been able to bend my left hip. I've been living in my nightshirts - take my showers and change into a clean one for the day.
Thankfully the horses are gone - don't think I would be able to cope with bales of hay. I dressed for them as itchy hay and nightshirts don't go together.

My garden is down some extremely rough stone steps. So overgrown I can hardly see the tomatoes. Not sure I'll be able to manage the stairs and carry a basket. Guess this is another garden gone to &*%$%^&*(*&^ for the year.

I have to be a sight in my nightie and rubber boots. Nightie = nightshirt...nothing skimpy. I love sitting out here with my laptop and coffee. Need to get the Catio built so I can have the cats outside with me. Perfect morning.

In the past, Ive had problems with my zucchinis pollinating ( too many female flowers, too few ( if any ) male flowers. So, what I always wanted to do, is dress up in a Bumble Bee costume, go into the garden, and hand polinate the flowers and hope my neighbor saw me doing this.

I never did it, but it is on my bucket list !!

( I did dress up as George Washington when I chopped down my cherry tree!!, My wife wasn't thrilled, but we still talk about it to this day )

Back
Top Bottom