Hump day dinner, Wednesday, 8-19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Skirt steak with shiso/shallot butter and charred/grilled scallions. Salad of grape tomatoes, sweet onions, mild green chili, and a shiso vinaigrette.

Attachments

• 2020-08-19 17.45.37.jpg
    2020-08-19 17.45.37.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 75
I'll go with easy. Homemade spaghetti and meat balls. Garlic toast. Thought about adding a salad, but decided not today. See--- easy.

We had smoked salmon on bagels with cream cheese.

We started with an experiment, a caprese salad with peach instead of tomato. It was interesting, not bad. We probably won't have it often, but it will likely stay in the repertoire.

I had a bit of an oops with the EVOO.

Attachments

• IMG_20200819_181011.jpg
    IMG_20200819_181011.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 96
I bet it looks lovely, taxy, but my phone isn't showing me photos again. I'll check everyone's pics when I'm on my laptop later.

I made baked ham for Himself, since it's one of his favorites. Sides were fresh corn sauteed in butter and green beans with chives and toasted walnuts.

IMG_20200819_205059881_HDR.jpg

I made a delicious bean soup today - more of a cold weather dish, but I used some things from the garden, plus I used up a jar of old (I considered 2016 old) beans from my pantry! The original recipe calls for canned tomatoes, but I used a bunch of those ripe green tiger tomatoes, blended to a purée, and cooked down - looked like a tomatillo sauce, but it's definitely tomatoes! And the original recipe called for some fennel seeds, but instead, I added some Thai basil, for the anise flavor, a little blended with the tomato, and some chopped with the regular basil added at the end. Just the regular basil was used for the topping.
Cooked down tomato sauce for bean soup. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Soaked beans, water, and parmesan rind added to tomatoes, for final cooking. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished bean soup, with grated parmesan and fresh basil. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

We chose from the fridge "leftover stock".

Jeannie finished Monday's shrimp with linguini and a fresh green salad.

I had Tuesday's beef tenderloin, sliced, topping the green salad.

Ice cream bars while watching Netflix.

Ross

Sautéed onion, peppers and garlic with pan-seared Italian sausage and pasta. Sauce was homemade tomato paste and a little water, seasoned with Penzeys Frozen Pizza Seasoning, salt and fresh basil from the garden.
20200819_200640.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom