I just lost my job!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awww Lt that sucks. Sounds to me like that job wasn't much to lose though. Something better will come along.

/Sorry you lost your job, but as a former retail business owner (7 to be exact) I can tell you that the first employees to go were the ones who were always asking for time off. I hope when you land your next job you make yourself undispensable, you might stay longer. Springing the news on your employer that you were leaving without notice is not a good way to get references.

And don't even JOKE about the hacking thing.

that was the first time i asked for any time off in the last two years. I finally found out why i got laid off. The pres of the company noticed that my boss who was making twice as much as me and took on average 7 days a month off for vacation. He was always late so the pres figured that i was enabling him and so it was a small sacrifice to keep the big guns since i did not know all the stuff there yet. i fine with it because i know that the pres made the best choice.

The leaving with out notice. I was going to work another three months there. Then give my two weeks.

lt, make sure that any money that you spent on books or classes, or any type of education that you use for your career gets deducted on your taxes. that includes driving and parking expenses to/from any school, clothing, the cost of those drives, and costs for and depreciation of computers used for your job or education.

good luck, man. i'm sure you'll find something else.

competent techies are never out of work too long.

thanx dude. A network engineer asked for my resume and i did state that i only want part time. I feel that school is full time now.. I need to get this out of the way so i can push forward..

YAY they gave me all my vacation and sick time in my check. that like tripled my pay. Still sucks though that im out of a job. So weird to think of it. However i just finished my music server and now i can stream music to any PC and or game console as long as i have the username and password for it.

Any one feel like reading my resume`?

Matt Thomas

Thanx!!

YAY they gave me all my vacation and sick time in my check. that like tripled my pay. Still sucks though that im out of a job. So weird to think of it. However i just finished my music server and now i can stream music to any PC and or game console as long as i have the username and password for it.

Any one feel like reading my resume`?

Matt Thomas

Thanx!!

Send it along, I think my email address is listed on here. The wife used to work at a temp agency, she is good at proof reading resumes and making suggestions.

Edit: If you have it in Word format, PM me and I will send along my main email so you can send it to me as a Word attachment.

Yeah, it sucks big time, I know. But as they (whoever it is that says it) says "For every door that closes, another one opens up." Maybe this will be a good thing and lead to better things for you. You never know, you might find a better job that pays better and has way better benefits than at your last place. I would maybe veg a couple of days to get rid of the stress from losing the job, but then start putting job resumes out to anybody and everybody. I feel for you. It gets to the point that nobody's job is safe anymore. Our place (I work at a hospital in the xray dept.) was just told that our 'guaranteed 3% increase we were getting was going down to 1% and some may not be getting any. And our Christmas bonuses just flew out the door. So much for getting food for Christmas. Oh well, at least I've got a job (that's my mantra now). So many people don't, and here it is around the Christmas Season and there's no source of income for these folks. We've asked our CEO and COO about the chances of laying anybody off and they said they are trying everything they can to not lay off anybody, but they can't say that that might need to be an option down the line. So everybody is on their toes minding their p's and q's, and crossing their t's and dotting their i's. We are on our best behavior. Even our local backstabbers are trying to keep their noses to the grindstone.

Sorry about the disertation here, but maybe things will work out for the better, and you'll land back on your feet soon. Best of luck to you and your family.:heart:

Terrible

I wanted to tell you that when I worked for Anheuser Busch, everyone and I mean everyone told me that I would have job for life. Yesterday they let 1400 workers go. What compensation they got did not equal the satisfaction of having security.

My own son was let go while he was on vacation. They told him to come in for urgent meeting. Sure enough they said he was being terminated. Is this fair? How come this is happening? Seems everyone just allows things to happen and we can't do anything about it.

CNN reported on radio show that GM produces cars that get 50 MILES to gallon but cannot sell them here. I do not believe this.

I originally posted a comment about this topic but evidently it was too much. Allowing everything to be t aken away is not fair.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom