I need a Swiss Steak recipe people ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trent

Assistant Cook
I just have been craving beef and tomato with onions gravey, does anyone have a winner of a recipe ? also the wifes on a atkins diet ( and lost 50lbs looks great ) so i may need a low flour one, but a little won't hurt. thanks everyone :)

Here's a recipe a low carb friend gave to me:
3 lb eye round roast
1 tablespoon tomato paste
5 to 6 large mushrooms
3/4 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons scallion tops chopped
Seasonings

Slice your roast into 1/2" to 3/4" steaks. Lay these in a cooking pan. Mix the tomato paste and chicken broth in a bowl with a whisk until blended. Pour this over the meat. Slice mushrooms and sprinkle on top of steaks with scallions. Top with seasonings such as salt/pepper/onion powder etc. Bake at 350°F for about an hour or until done. The tomato mixture helps to tenderize the meat.

Here's how I make mine...it's easy, low-calorie and delicious.

Cut round steak into serving sized pieces and put in sprayed baking dish. Slice onions thinly and put over the top. Season with salt & pepper, and a little garlic/herb seasoning if you wish. Sprinkle a tablespoon or so of flour over the top, pour a small can of tomato sauce over all, cover with foil and bake in a 350 oven for about an hour.

I also add quartered potatoes and baby carrots, which I know your wife can't have, but you could substitute cabbage wedges, chunks of zucchini, brussels sprouts, etc.

Back
Top Bottom