I start, you add, then someone adds more etc...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the elevator was stuck between floors and whoever was trying to get out couldn't, whoever was trying to get in couldn't, in fact the world above and below ground level was SOL stuck where they were. Luckily I was on street level and I could leave, was about to in fact, when shots rang out...then a scream...then

I found myself on the street outside the restaurant. A taxi pulled up beside me, its brakes screeching as it stopped. The driver reached across the seat, opened the door beside him and said "Get in! Now!" It was Garren. I didn't hesitate.

"What's going on? Where did you come from? Where are we going?" I cried, as the taxi fled the scene with a rakish-looking Garren at the wheel. He had a slouch hat pulled down over his handsome face and his head grazed the taxi's roof. He did not have his seat belt fastened.

"I can only tell you that I'm not supposed to be here, and Fred will probably kill me when he finds out. But I couldn't just leave you there....I'm so sorry you had to get involved in all of this. I never intended it to happen."

"But where's Marti? I heard gunshots."
"Don't worry about Marti. If shots were fired, she is surely just taking care of herself. She will be on the giving, not the receiving end, if you know what I mean."

"Where are you taking me, Garren?" I settled into the seat and decided that since I was safe for the time-being, I'd just enjoy watching him.

"Somewhere secure. I'm afraid you're going to have to disappear for at least a few weeks, sugar."

I noticed that we were already in the outskirts of the city. As we took a sharp right turn, we bumped along a dirt road and through some trees to a farmhouse. Garren deftly steered the car around the back and in front of us was a small airstrip. I could see a Cessna with its props in motion, waiting for us. He reached across me and opened the door.

"OK, kiddo. Here's our stop."
"But aren't you coming with me?" I cried........

Back
Top Bottom