In Remembrance of Our Dear Friend Buck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Katie, my friend. I sit here crying with everyone else and feel blessed to have just known the essence of Buck. That essence that comes through from reading his posts lets me know that you two had something together that was so special. My prayers are going up....we love you Katie and we love Buck. I can assure you our hearts hurt right along with yours. You have got to know how much, in spirit, you are not alone.

Called Buck's room when I got up. No change.

The nurse gave me his wedding ring yesterday. It's on my right hand, where it will stay.

Kevin and I have just had breakfast. We'll be able to see Buck in about 20 minutes.

Thanks everyone.

Katie, I'm sorry about Bucks recent turn. Although you already took the time to say your goodbyes, don't give up hope!!! There is always a chance. My thoughts are with you both.

Katie, as I'm reading through the postings since late last night, something occurred to me:
You and Buck have tremendously touched each of us so dearly, and the joy and love you've shown has brought us all to cherish both of you. With that amount that we here feel, how much must your friends and dear family feel? It's a staggering thought how much you are loved, by so many.

My prayers are continuing, not only for Buck, but also for your continued strength, Katie.

Katie, I'm so sorry. I'm so glad you and Buck have had such a loving relationship and glad we have got to know you through the many posts. You have both added such a dimension to our lives at DC. I'm remembering all of you in my prayers.

The wedding ring.... the symbol of unending love, forever.

It's thunder, lightning, and raining here in the last 10 minutes.
Even the heavens are with us.
Bless you both Katie.​

My mind is going back to the hours I spent at my daughters bedside in ICU after the doctors told me she had no chance of living. I held onto her hand and re-lived every moment of her life, and I know that's what you are doing with your beloved now, Dear Katie.
God be with you.

Katie, there are so many eloquent posters on this forum, who very beautifully express the feelings of many of us who are not as good with words in times like this.

I'm sure that you have even more people than you see here supporting you, even if we don't always know how to say it very well in a post.

Lee

Called Buck's room when I got up. No change.

The nurse gave me his wedding ring yesterday. It's on my right hand, where it will stay.

Kevin and I have just had breakfast. We'll be able to see Buck in about 20 minutes.

Thanks everyone.

That was a beautiful and sensitive gesture on the part of the nurse. Something of such significance can be an enormous support.
Words For It by Julia Cameron
I wish I could take language

And fold it like cool, moist rags.

I would lay words on your forehead.
I would wrap words on your wrists.
"There, there," my words would say–
Or something better.
I would ask them to murmur,
"Hush" and "Shh, shhh, it's all right."
I would ask them to hold you all night.
And daub and soothe and cool
Where fever blisters and burns,
Where fever turns yourself against you.
And heal the words that were the wounds
You have no names for.

Katie,

I am so very sorry about Buck. He's a gem of a man, as you are of a woman.

My love to you both and your whole family. I will keep praying for you!

Jenny

Katie..... I'm speechless with wet eyes..
haven't been around here much last time, but I never never ever expected something like this..
I alway enjoy bucks character..
I still will not believe it, will turn out well.
Buck must be strong enough...
be sure of my thoughts...

this morning as I awaken I'm feeling numb.
the sadness I feel is welling up in the form of tears.
but there is a future and that's as I'll pray now.
a true and beautiful future devoid of pain anguish or sorrow.
bless these dear ones Lord.
fill their body will comfort as deep as any ocean and as pure as a first rain.
God give them hope and courage, in Your name...

Oh no. Nonono. I'm heartsick and can hardly get this down here. I'm still going to pray for a miracle. Katie, all my love to you. And please hug Buck for me.

Katie,

Right before I woke up this morning I had a very long dream. In my dream I was with you and Buck. I really can't remember much about the dream, except that we were all just kind of hanging out at your house and workshop. I have no idea what your house looks like, and other than a wedding photo you posted, I have no idea what you and Buck look like, but in my dream I could see you both as clear as day. Nothing much happened in my dream, but it made me feel good to be hanging out with both of you and I didn't want the dream to end.

I'm still praying.

Barbara

I feel a bit awkward posting here because I'm new & you all really don't know me... it almost seems like I am intruding on your circle - but, for whatever it's worth, coming from a stranger... I first want to send my sincere heartfelt condolences to Katie & Buck and their family... and second, I would like to say that the warmth I've witnessed here on this board has renewed my faith in humanity. Blessings, Love & Light to All...

I feel a bit awkward posting here because I'm new & you all really don't know me... it almost seems like I am intruding on your circle - but, for whatever it's worth, coming from a stranger... I first want to send my sincere heartfelt condolences to Katie & Buck and their family... and second, I would like to say that the warmth I've witnessed here on this board has renewed my faith in humanity. Blessings, Love & Light to All...
No need to feel awkward. When we say "Welcome" we mean it. Thank you for expressing your feelings.

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom