In Remembrance of Our Dear Friend Buck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Katie,
Just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts. I hope all of the people here at DC who love and care about you are making this difficult time a little easier for you. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Katie...

I've been thinking of you and hoping and praying for good times ahead.
I am positive that you feel our hearts and our desires for everything good to happen to you and your family.

I am writing a letter to you and gathering up sentiments. My only hope is that you know, that although what has transpired in your life, and the undeniable stress you've been put through, has for whatever reason, blessed me. I've been blessed to be in prayer for you. I have been blessed to read all the love on here for you and your beloved Buck. It's blessed me to know how many have come together as a family to a friend in need. I have been blessed to be a part of the love on here.

I am so truly sorry for your loss, but praise God for our gain. {I hope that came out right, if not, please Mods fix this sentence.}

Katie I've been thinking of you the past couple days. Got anymore room on that porch now that all of Dc is on it with you ?

I'm willing to sit on the steps. I can see heaven's porch lights better there, anyway!
Hang on, Girl. There are a lot of people who care for you!

Hi Katie.... just another person who is thinking about you...It's good to see your posts, and know you are doing what you must ... you are an inspiration to many of us here. I know how nice it is to have fur babies - I 'm glad they are there with you when family and friends cannot physically be... I usually spend more time in my back yard at this time of year, even though I have a small front porch. Tonight I will sit on my 'lil porch and think of you, and hope that one day I will be lucky enough to have as many sweet memories with a partner that you and Buck have had together. Blessings to you.... She Who Clangs Pots

Katie, just scanned this thread and couldn't believe what I was reading!! I am so very sorry to hear of your loss and the horrors of it all. And having your cat pass at the same time ... well. My thoughts are with you and wish you well. Buck will be truly missed.

Ascension

And if I go,
While you are still here,
Know that I live on,
Vibrating to a different measure
Behind a thin veil you cannot see through
You will not see me,
So you must have faith.
I wait for a time when we can soar together again
Both aware of each other.
Until then live your life to the fullest.
And when you need me,
Just whisper my name in your heart,
I will be there

Dave, I just wanted to let you know I've printed this piece out and framed it and have it on the table beside my bed.

I printed it out in about 3- x 5-inch format, in dark blue ink on blue and white marblized paper. It's in an antique-like gold frame.

I showed it to our son, Aaron, who was visiting this weekend. He loved the words. Said they "were" Buck and me.

Turns out the poem has been around since 1987. It's by Colleen Corah Hitchcock. It's so beautiful. Thanks for guiding me to it. It's a source of comfort.

Just posting a friendship request, I was looking at my friends and my heart broke. This whole thing started about the time Buck was taken to the hospital. Well, all my request, but one special one, was granted. Buck is on there still as a request. I be there are a bunch here that are the same way. I don't want that to change, so, if admin are able to change it, PLEASE DONT! It's kinda like a memorial to me.
Just a little meloncolly {sp} this morning when I saw that.
I miss Buck's jokes and easy nature.
Katie, I still think about you all the time. I hope your heart has eased on grieving and you are able to smile when you think of your love now.

That's a sweet loving thought, Stacy, and it warms my heart you feel that way.

It was two months ago today that Buck died and I'm getting along. I think what's really happening is that I'm just feeling numb. One day runs into the next and the calendar continues to turn over.

Your thoughts were timely today and I appreciate them. Thanks.

Dear Katie... you are always on my mind and in my prayers. I know this is not easy.

I learned when my Dad died that the Jewish way of mourning starts with the week of Shiva, but continues throughout the whole year. And of course, the sadness doesn't end with the year, but somehow the sun seemed to "come out" then. I'm wishing that for you.

Aww Katie, I didn't even realize the date. I will just think of that as him saying hello to me then. I know you guys don't know me from Adam, but, that just makes me feel good to think. {{{{{{{{{{BIG HUGS, Katie}}}}}}}}}}}!!!!

I just read the whole thread and I'm really sorry for your loss. I hope you're feeling okay. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom