Insomniac's Thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am frantically cleaning my room looking for my Dad's digital camera. The last time I had it, I downloaded a pic my Dad took of my Mom and I on my birthday. Could've sworn it was on the table in the family room. Not. I have to find it before the a.m. It is my Mom's b'day and he will want it. Where, or where is it?

Oh Noes! :ohmy: I'll send up a request to St. Anthony so that he helps you find it, CW. Any chance your Mom might have picked it up and set it down somewhere that you don't know about? In any event, I hope you find it soon.

I just finished working -- at 1:30 AM. I shot 8 cars today, then came home and edited them in Photoshop and uploaded them to my customer. I am now enjoying a cocktail, and contemplating either cooking some food, or going to bed.

BTW, my birthday is in June, and I photographed my ideal birthday present, should you get the notion to buy me something...

Attachments

• 993Turbo.jpg
    993Turbo.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 117
Your reply amuses me. I have no wish to antagonize you with a contrary reply so let's it stand with that.

Wow I sure love my Amazon Prime! :)

But I am not subject to buying impulsivity. And I don't watch HSC and similar channels.
I am living in a level of Dante's hell every day--just don't know when I wake up which level that is. Wish I could get all those shopping channels dumped from my Dad's channels--really--do we need all those shopping channels?

I am living in a level of Dante's hell every day--just don't know when I wake up which level that is. Wish I could get all those shopping channels dumped from my Dad's channels--really--do we need all those shopping channels?

Nope. But they are not going away, as long as they make a profit. All you can do is decide to ignore them. They only exist in your own world if you choose to let them exist. If you choose to not let them exist, then they don't exist.

Cancer treatment pushed me into bankruptcy after about five years of trying to work a deal with the banks to pay my debt. I have been living on cash and a debit card for at least five years. Being self employed, that sometimes gets stressful. It is not unusual for me to be carrying a few thousand dollars of business related bills But, I deal with it.

Surprisingly, my finances don't keep me awake at all. My problem is the random crap that I have no real interest in, but end up thinking about, anyway.

CD

Ahhhh--I have a pre-paid card I use for online shopping. I find what I want, transfer the funds, and then buy the item. No impulse buying. I hemmed and hawed getting the pressure cooker with smoker functions for 6 months. Since I still wanted it after 6 months, I went for it. The Hoyer was so that one of our favourite caregivers would come back and the "diapers" well, those made sense from so many different angles (preventing skin breakdown, odor reduction, etc) and CHEAPER than those we can buy locally.

I know the feeling. I want and need a new ironing board. I finally had to give my old antique one up. It just got too heavy for me to lift out of the closet and set up.

Due to my sensitive skin, I only buy 100% cotton clothing, sheets, etc. So all my clothing needs to be ironed. And I also like to iron.

Yeah, I know everyone. They have clothing that is polyester/cotton. And they require just too much extra care to prevent pilling and fuzzing than I am willing to put forth.

I am frantically cleaning my room looking for my Dad's digital camera. The last time I had it, I downloaded a pic my Dad took of my Mom and I on my birthday. Could've sworn it was on the table in the family room. Not. I have to find it before the a.m. It is my Mom's b'day and he will want it. Where, or where is it?

Check your Dad's room.
Knowing you the camera was put in a safe spot.

In this house the only safe spot is the kitchen junk drawer.It's the go to drawer. Why do we have speaker wires when we don't even have a stereo?:huh:
C'mon, we all have one, some are lucky and have 2. :LOL:

Last edited:
Check your Dad's room.
Knowing you the camera was put in a safe spot.

In this house the only safe spot is the kitchen junk drawer.It's the go to drawer. Why do we have speaker wires when we don't even have a stereo?:huh:
C'mon, we all have one, some are lucky and have 2. :LOL:

Mine is in the drawer with the odd dish towels that I don't use anymore but still too good to toss out or put in the rag bin. Hammer, pliers, thumbtacks, 100 ft. construction tape measurer, jar opener, and any other object that can't find a home. One of the drawers in that bank has nothing but pan covers for pans I no longer own. If I have to go to two junk drawers, out they go. Although, one does fit the small saute pan that came with no lid.

Well, I had a pretty good run of sleeping at night, but the last three nights, insomnia has come back.

Same problem -- can't get my brain to shut up.

Last night, I was up until 3AM this morning. Tonight is looking the same. I'm tired, but can't fall asleep. So, here I am.

CD

Blame your Rangers.* ;)

I decided a while back that it was better to get up and do something, anything, than lay in bed and worry about not falling asleep. I was having issues last summer/fall, so I would get up and read something non-electronic, like a magazine or newspaper. Never the current book I was reading since the idea was to not get roped into "just one more chapter". :LOL: I'd get something to drink like milk or hot chocolate, and maybe a graham cracker or two. It didn't take long before I would get sleepy and head to bed...and fall asleep.

I'm going with my tummy being just a wee bit hungry waking me. Then again, I'll use just about any excuse to munch a little something. :ermm:

Hope you aren't up too much longer, CD.

* Or my Indians...:whistling:

Oh, BTW CG, I am a Rangers fan, a Stars fan, and a Mavricks fan, but not a Cowboys fan. No, I am -- brace yourself -- a diehard Steelers fan. Bwaaahaaahaaa!

CD

It was my thumb that got dinged. It doesn't hurt, but thanks for the sympathy CD. There's a little notch dug into it, and a tiny bit of loose skin. I'll trim the flap of skin off with my cuticle nippers later. I find they come in handy for that purpose, or for clipping a small sliver out from under the skin. A little dose of rubbing alcohol on the blades (and a swipe at the spot) and I'm good to go.

And Steelers Schmeelers. It's not like Cleveland has a professional football team. :LOL: Himself is an alum of THE Ohio State University, so we've cheered for the Buckeyes forever. The three years that the Browns weren't in Cleveland were the three years our son played varsity football for his high school. Once we watched those kids give everything just for the love of the game, we couldn't go back to cheering for pro football.

On the other hand, I live and breathe baseball. My Mom gave me her love of the game. We would listen to them while doing dishes after supper each night during summer. Would end up on the screened back porch to listen to the rest of the game on nice summer nights. Listening to baseball is like spending a little time with my Mom even though she isn't here anymore. I bet she was cheering on the Tribe last fall from a bleacher seat in heaven. :heart:

Last edited:
And Steelers Schmeelers. It's not like Cleveland has a professional football team. :LOL:

Down here in Texas, we tried to help you out by sending you the best and the brightest, "Johnny Football" Manziel. I guess the browns just couldn't figure out how to use his superior talent, and exceptional judgement. :LOL:

CD

Thanks to the Johnny Football Experience, the Clowns didn't even want to take a look at Dak Prescott. Doesn't matter. Prescott played great his rookie year because he had good players around him. Can't make that claim for Cleveland's team.

I used to sleep very well until one night in October, five years ago, the house was broken into. Lucas, our dog, started to bark in a frenzied way, and Pete, my OH and I woke up to see the burglers downstairs trying to hit Lucas before running off with the various things that they took with them ( pieces of silver, some of my jewellery and we found other items on the floor. They destroyed the locks on the front door in order to get in Insurance policies can never repair the fear and shock of a thing like that. Now, whenever Lucas barks in the night, I wake up and can't get back to sleep. I can't take sleeping pills because of other medications I have to take. I just watch the TV, and get through the day. But Lucas is an intrepid dog, and he's also a darn good guard dog too! It all happened at the time when migrant workers turned up to pick the grapes to go to the winery for pressing, no possible address or anything like that. They just took it and ran. I only hope that this never happens to you.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

I used to sleep very well until one night in October, five years ago, the house was broken into. Lucas, our dog, started to bark in a frenzied way, and Pete, my OH and I woke up to see the burglers downstairs trying to hit Lucas before running off with the various things that they took with them ( pieces of silver, some of my jewellery and we found other items on the floor. They destroyed the locks on the front door in order to get in Insurance policies can never repair the fear and shock of a thing like that. Now, whenever Lucas barks in the night, I wake up and can't get back to sleep. I can't take sleeping pills because of other medications I have to take. I just watch the TV, and get through the day. But Lucas is an intrepid dog, and he's also a darn good guard dog too! It all happened at the time when migrant workers turned up to pick the grapes to go to the winery for pressing, no possible address or anything like that. They just took it and ran. I only hope that this never happens to you.

di reston

Our pets always seem to know when something is wrong. Even if it is our health. And it doesn't have be the trusted family dog. Cats have been known to jump up on the owners bed and start pawing at their face to wake them up. They know when the weather is going to go awry. Birds have been seen to abandon the trees just seconds prior to an earthquake.

I am so sorry that you had to go through that. And that it has left its' mark on you by affecting your sleep patterns now. Hopefully in time the memory will fade into the background and you can get back into a peaceful sleep pattern.

One thing that I truly love about all of you is your real and heartfelt humanity. You are wonderful, humane and truly kind people who reach out to people in need of support. That's a rare thing in life. You have stood behind me in difficult times, and now you're doing the same thing again because the burglary was mentally damaging. Thank you, thank you, thank you and thank you again

Very affectionately di reston

One thing that I truly love about all of you is your real and heartfelt humanity. You are wonderful, humane and truly kind people who reach out to people in need of support. That's a rare thing in life. You have stood behind me in difficult times, and now you're doing the same thing again because the burglary was mentally damaging. Thank you, thank you, thank you and thank you again

Very affectionately di reston

I think for the most part, the members in this forum have good hearts. Ocasionally someone is having a bad day and just can't seem to find a kind word for anyone. But that is rare. Everyone has had some sort of heavy difficulty in their life. So when a member of the forum is having one, we respond immediately, knowing that we have been there ourselves.

I recently got news of a very dear friend recently passed away. She lived on the other side of the country and I have such happy memories of spending time with her and her husband. So when you relate to us regarding your news about your OH, or your experience with having your home broken into, there is within all of us the ability to feel. For we too have been there. We do care about each other.

di reston

Sorry to hear about that. Burglaries where I live are almost always done when nobody is home.

One thing I learned from a cop friend is that burglars may risk it with one dog, but two dogs usually will drive them away. When I had two dogs, one of them was a very lovable 75-pound mutt that had a deep bark that used to scare delivery guys and repairmen.

So, maybe you need another dog -- one with a big-time bark.

CD

Back
Top Bottom