Insomniac's Thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry to hear about that. Burglaries where I live are almost always done when nobody is home.

One thing I learned from a cop friend is that burglars may risk it with one dog, but two dogs usually will drive them away. When I had two dogs, one of them was a very lovable 75-pound mutt that had a deep bark that used to scare delivery guys and repairmen.

So, maybe you need another dog -- one with a big-time bark.

CD

And granddaughter's cop husband told me that they hate little yappy dogs. If they don' have a gun with them, then they usually have to bend down to shut them up. And that takes their eyes of the possibility of a person approaching.

So maybe a small dog with a deep bark. I would go for the dog with a deep bark any day over a small yappy one. Teddy is a small Maltese and boy can he bark. Also if he doesn't like you, he will nip at your heels until one of us grabs him. He doesn't bite, just nips, nips and nips. He won't stop until a family member makes or grabs him.

I had a real hectic day yesterday. And I only got about four hours sleep the night before. So right after Jeopardy, I crashed into a really deep sleep. I took two Vicodin for the pain in my fingers at 8 p.m. At 11 p.m. the pain in my ring fingers was so painful, it woke me from a deep sleep. I ended up having to take a couple of more Vicodin. That is more Vicodin than I have had in the past six months. Here it is going on 2 a.m. and still wide awake. The pain in my right hand finger is gone. But my left hand ring finger is still in a deep throbbing pain. I took one more Vicodin. Doesn't seem to be helping. I think the pain is in the nerve. She hit it right with the needle while she was trying to find the joint. At least it is not as painful when it woke me up.

Patience Little Grasshopper, patience. Fortunately, I have a very high tolerance for pain. And this to shall pass.

Thanks for your comments, and again, for your extremely caring attitude. I'm taking your advice. I've sourced a kennels here in Italy that breeds corgi's, and I'll get a girl. Lucas is a boy, and another one of the same size or larger would disrupt him too much. Corgi's are well known as making excellent guard dogs, but they don't tolerate adversarial situations, so we have to bear in mind that we take count of that - so, no male dogs, no dogs bigger than he is, but a nice lady friend that he can cope with. You gave me the ideal solution to the problem and it should work out ok. See, you're great folks with great big hearts. Thank you again

di reston

This thread kind of died, so I guess we are all sleeping well.;):LOL:

My sleep cycle is out of whack. I don't go to sleep until about 3am, and wake up late, as a result, unless I have to get up early for some reason.

CD

I know the feeling. I don't have to go to a job, the house is all clean, no dishes to do or meal to cook. So here I sit with a sleeping dog for company. Pirate is sound asleep. And there is nothing to really hold my interest on TV.

I will probably fall asleep around six in the morning. That's when I look up and notice that it is daylight outside.

Well someone has to wake the birds up, Addie! :LOL: We've been up till around five at our place lately. Gonna cause problems next week when we have to leave the hotels by noon...and that eclipse isn't gonna wait for us to be up, fed, and dressed! 2:32 PM on the dot, whether we're there or not.

Yup! You must know by now that we're vampires in this house! Himself always was a night owl. I'm no slouch when it comes to staying up late. So here we are...

My natural cycle seems to be 20 hours up, 12 hours sleeping regardless of what time it is. So now it's 3am here and I think I'll be up for the rest of the night and probably most of the day tomorrow.

I have a friend who says I'm turning into a vampire and I think he's right.

This isn't normally a problem, but for the last couple of days I've had meds to pick up at the store, plus grocery shopping to do. Of the two grocery stores I was going to this month, one is open 6am to 1 am and the other is 24 hours. But the pharmacy is only open from 9am to 9pm and 9am is just when I'm getting to sleep. It took me three days to get those meds picked up and that was finally just because I remembered to set an alarm.

Last night on the night shift, home now and wide awake. I wasn't able to get on the computer all night as my orientee was working so hard. Consequently I had to find other things to do.

Yep, I'm up late, again.

At least I have a new camera to tinker with, tonight. Although I can't really take any non-lame pictures inside my house, at night.

CD

Not that I know enough about cameras, but what did you get? I'll shout it out to Himself, at which time I'll hear "oooo" and "ahhhh" from the other room. ;)

This is my "backup" camera, and one I use to get into tight places that my Nikon D4 can't get. Plus, it has 4K video, which my customers have been asking for.

It is a Sony a6500, with a 16-50 zoom, which kind-of comes with the camera, and a 16mm f2.8 prime. It is mirrorless, so it is compact, but not so small that I feel like I'll drop it. Very solid -- magnesium alloy frame. Oh, and with an adapter, I can use my Nikon professional lenses on it. Icing on the cake.

I'm not a Sony fan, and usually prefer Nikon or Canon, but I have to say, this particular Sony outperforms the Nikon and Sony similar offerings.

I already have an assignment that will pay for 1/3 of it -- about one-hour of work next Wednesday. I got the assignment today -- lucky coincidence.

If Himself is interested, here is more info...

https://www.sony.com/electronics/interchangeable-lens-cameras/ilce-6500-body-kit

CD

Last edited:
I told Himself I wasn't sharing the link. He asked "why not" in a little-boy voice. :LOL: He can't even think of getting a new toy until we replace my car. BTW, he said those are very nice cameras. I think you two could be dangerous if we all lived close to one another. And my budget might be blown. :ermm: Enjoy, have fun, and happy shooting.

I told Himself I wasn't sharing the link. He asked "why not" in a little-boy voice. :LOL: He can't even think of getting a new toy until we replace my car. BTW, he said those are very nice cameras. I think you two could be dangerous if we all lived close to one another. And my budget might be blown. :ermm: Enjoy, have fun, and happy shooting.

Although in some ways, it is a new toy, I wouldn't have bought it if I couldn't see it paying for itself, and rather quickly. When I was a much younger photographer, I owned a whole lot of equipment. I own a whole lot less equipment, now. These days, if it isn't earning me money, I don't own it. If I need something special for one job, I rent it, and can usually bill my customer for the rental.

But, having said that, I am looking forward to playing with it this weekend. :)

CD

My sleep patterns seem to follow my pain patterns. I was up for two days, 24 hours each straight. Then I finally fell asleep about five yesterday morning, and slept right through two visits from the nurse while he changed my dressings. And here I go again. Although sitting here at the computer seems to make me sleepy. More so than just lying in bed staring at the TV. I would like to be awake today when the nurse shows up this morning at least.

Time to give this thread a little bump.

I went to bed couple hours ago, but couldn't fall asleep, so I got up. My brain wouldn't shut up, so I needed some distractions -- so here I am.

I just read my last post here, and it was about a new camera that I am now selling. :LOL:

It's a good camera -- it takes good pictures, but just too vastly different from my primary camera (Nikon D4), that I just can't handle all the menus and buttons without wasting a lot of time. The batteries are only good for about 250-300 shots, too. I am used to getting 3,000 shots on my D4.

So, I'm going to sell it for a loss, and pick up a used D4 for a second camera.

Anyone else hanging out?

CD

The latest. Probiotics AND the hormone melatonin in one pill. Your stomach gets healthy bacteria overnight and you get vivid dreams too!

Last edited:
The latest. Probiotics AND the hormone melatonin in one pill. Your stomach gets healthy bacteria overnight and you get vivid dreams too!

I take a medicine once a day that if you miss one dose, you have very vivid dreams. Although, I have pretty vivid, and very weird dreams most nights, with or without meds.

Lucky for me, I don't have nightmares. Just really vivid, and sometimes very weird dreams. It is not unusual for me to wake up and think, "How did my brain make that one up?"

CD

Back
Top Bottom