Is this normal for titanium pot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karol3

Assistant Cook
Hi, I use this is so called "titanium pot" to boil only water. Is this normal what is happening on the bottom of it or it's a scam not real titanium pot?
titanium-pot.jpg

Well, I'm not an expert on metals but to my way of thinking it is just deposits from the water you have boiled.
Think about the inside of a kettle, how it gets after multiple uses and never scrubbed inside.

When I boil water for pasta, etc, when washing up, unless I put a lot of elbow grease into it, I can always see a dull film on the pot, Stainless Steel or what-ever. I almost always end up using a soap pad (of steel wool).

Hi, I use this is so called "titanium pot" to boil only water. Is this normal what is happening on the bottom of it or it's a scam not real titanium pot?View attachment 65782
Fair point. I also just made a scratch test. As far as I shouldn't be able to scratch titan like that, for me it looks like it's some titan like color coating and regular aluminum inside. Am I missing something here?

Attachments

• pot-1.jpg
    pot-1.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 11
Mr Google says:.....

"What are titanium pans made of?

All products from the Titanium Cookware series are made of high-quality aluminum alloy cast in a German smeltery."

and as Roll Bones has said... you would have to promise your first born for a whole set...

Get yourself a Brita pitcher (new, or you might find one in a thrift store), and keep it on the counter, filled of course. Using filtered water should aleviate most of that crud on the bottom of your pots and pans. I have a regular Brita pitcher on the counter for cooking water, mixing water, ice cubes, coffee, filling the kitty water dish, etc. and a 12 quart Brita dispenser in the fridge for drinking and filling my water bottles.

Last edited:
Hi, I use this is so called "titanium pot" to boil only water. Is this normal what is happening on the bottom of it or it's a scam not real titanium pot?View attachment 65782
Titanium tends to change color if it is heated to a high degree so it's not good to boil water. Get a stainless steel Bowl from Avias which I've been using for more than 3 years, its quality is good and there is no change in steel texture too. I don't know if it's available for other countries so I'll share a link below.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom