ISO: chk noodle casserole w/o cream of chk soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jessicacarr

Senior Cook
I am searching for a chicken noodle casserole recipe without cream of (chicken/mushroom/celery, etc) soup as an ingredient.

Thanks in advance for any recipes you might offer. :chef:

Brava, Jessica!

You can replace the sauce the canned soup provides by making a Bechamel sauce - flour and butter to make a roux and used to thicken milk.

Then you just need some sauteed onions, noodles, chicken and the veggies of your choice - all pre-cooked.

You can mix in some shredded/grated cheeses and spread more on top to brown.

We like to use up the leftover chicken and veggies with the gravy and you could just toss noodles in there. We like to do biscuit dough on top and call it pot pie. Yummers.

For a more 'chickeny' flavor, my preference is to use a Veloute instead of a Bechamel. It's basically the same thing, except you use chicken stock instead of milk. Make a blonde (light) roux (flour & water) and add chicken stock.

If you want it a little richer, add cream to the finished Veloute, and you'll have a Sauce Supreme. (It's funny how the French have a name for everything!)

For a more 'chickeny' flavor, my preference is to use a Veloute instead of a Bechamel. It's basically the same thing, except you use chicken stock instead of milk. Make a blonde (light) roux (flour & water) and add chicken stock.

If you want it a little richer, add cream to the finished Veloute, and you'll have a Sauce Supreme. (It's funny how the French have a name for everything!)

Ah yes, fun with the mother sauces.

I'll be demonstrating a Hollandaise the "right" way (on a burner, not over boiling water) on the next episode.

I am a big chicken and tuna casserole lover and I hate canned C.O.M soup I sometimes use alfredo sauce or homemade mac and cheese sauce.

Back
Top Bottom