ISO feedback on pasta salad with peas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it would be great! The ingredients are already a part of many a tuna salad recipe. The spiral pasta will be fine.

I added some Boetje mustard to my last tuna salad, it's kinda like Dijon. Really kicked up the flavor. Italian dressing should work too. Diced celery would add a nice crunch.

Last edited:
You could add horseradish to mayonnaise, horseradish and dijon mustard, or (lemon) vinaigrette dressing.

I used to buy Suddently Salad (and add tuna, salmon or crab). Some of the flavors were creamy parmesan, caesar, and bacon ranch dressing.

Ina Garten has a great pasta, pesto & peas recipe (on Food Network). You could add tuna to the mix.

Here's a pasta, tuna and peas (w/ red wine vinegar/oil & mustard) recipe I like:

Sweet Pea and Tuna Salad Recipe | MyRecipes.com

Last edited:
This is not a pea salad, but rather a shrimp-pasta-pea salad. A good friend's mom always made it, so I call it Patsy's Shrimp Salad

1 box macaroni rings (these were Cora's--but they are hard to find now)
1 can shrimp, drained and rinsed (I use frozen salad shrimp and I go heavy...about 1-1/2 cups)
1 c celery, diced
1 c frozen peas or fresh--fresh blanched, frozen, just toss in--they thaw overnight
1 c miracle whip salad dressing (I use mayo + sour cream or greek yogurt--hate miracle whip and don't have it on hand) Adjust the amount to moisten the pasta to your liking.
1/4 c half and half
1 small onion
1-2 T celery seed
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp vinegar
S&P

1. Prepare pasta (include 1-2 tsp celery seed in the water when cooking it--drain when done)
2. In a blender, combine the mayo, sour cream/greek yogurt, half and half, onion, remaining celery seed, sugar, vingar, S&P, 5-6 shirmp. Blend, adjust to taste.

3. Combine everything in a large bowl, cover, refrigerate overnight, adjust seasoning and moisture (sometimes I add more cream/mayo). I like this for breakfast-lunch-snack-dinner.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom