It's Saturday night, February 10, 2024! What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Eggplant parmesan stacks and spaghetti.
20240210_183943.jpg

All three of us in the family are under the weather with colds. I made soup Thursday; between my wife and daughter it was finished by lunchtime. Wanted something different for dinner, without dairy or tomato sauce. I made an egg noodle casserole with polish sausage in a light gravy. As my taste buds are a bit off right now, it came out a bit on the salty side, but not so much as to be inedible.

Not my best work but we got through dinner.

The brother-in-law came for a visit. We went out to supper, to Bâton Rouge Grillhouse & Bar. I had filet mignon, with a Caesar salad, steamed veg (cauliflower, broccoli, a single Brussels sprout, and a bit of red bell pepper), and a loaded, baked potato. It was all very good. DH had a roast beast sandwich with dipping sauce (du jus) and horseradish sauce and a side of fries. BIL had European sea bass with risotto and bearnaise sauce. The food and service were excellent, as usual. I left my phone at home (forgot to bring it), so no pix.

Last edited:
We ate our first meal at the new place today. While Himself set up the new TV, I made a grocery run. I bought a container of fresh pressure cooked chicken from the grocery store, lightly simmered a pound of baby carrots in a wee bit of water and a pat of butter, and opted to open the bag of Ritz thin chips as our starch.

Tomorrow I will really cook. Already have my Le Creuset 5 ½ quart Dutch oven on the burner.

We still haven't slept or showered in the new place yet...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom