June 2, 2023, what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Vege and cheese plate with the retro dip of a container of sour cream mixed with the powder Hidden Valley dressing.
20230602_180506.jpg

We are camping in Long Beach, WA for a week or so...I just did mise en place for skillet chops and rice. In an hour or so, I'll start cooking. Easy dish, I've been making since I was about 16 or so, but it just tastes so much better at the beach!

048.JPG

Opened a box of Lumpia (Indonesian). Had never seen or heard of them before. Frozen appetizers. Quite tasty. Like that they are baked as I don't make this kind of stuff anymore due to having to fry them. LOL Let your fingers to the walking.

and a handful of Axiany (? another new one) Cherry Tomatoes. OMG they were so sweet!

Opened a box of Lumpia (Indonesian). Had never seen or heard of them before. Frozen appetizers. Quite tasty. Like that they are baked as I don't make this kind of stuff anymore due to having to fry them. LOL Let your fingers to the walking.
When I was in college, I worked as a waitress at the Officers Club at the Naval Air Station near here. We did a lot of wedding receptions and other events and usually served Filipino lumpia. Good stuff 😋

Speaking of lumpia, I have a Fillipina friend who makes lumpia. I don't know if hers are especially good for lumpia, but they are really good. I'm pretty sure she fries them, in fact, I think she deep fries them.

We ordered Greek food. DH had a a chicken gyro pita platter. I had a loukanika (Greek sausage with a lemon flavour to it) platter. The platters came with a salad and Greek potatoes. We could have had rice pilaf, but it's white rice and our other favourite Greek resto makes really good rice pilaf - good enough to eat white rice. The resto we ordered from "only" makes good rice pilaf. ;) We really enjoyed that meal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom