Thursday, December 28, 2023, what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Smoked turkey leftovers and wild rice soup. Since the turkey didn't have a strong smoke taste, I used the carcass to make broth for the soup. Came out better than ever with the slight smoky taste of the broth.
20231228_182930.jpg

I made frikadeller and served them with rødkål and fingerling potatoes. I made made gravy that turned out really, really good. I tried something new with the frikadeller. I added a grated apple. It is there to add moisture. You could use a potato, but my friend who suggested it said that the apple gives better flavour. It did make them juicier. It did change the flavour a little. It also changed the texture, so it was a bit harder to make them the right shape. I need to practise with this new addition. I had intended to serve this with a salad, but I didn't want to run out of spoons and rødkål is traditional with a dish like this. Since it is still the holiday season, I did something else very Danish. I served it with ice cold, Aalborg Jubilæums Akvavit (snaps) and Tuborg beer. We really enjoyed that meal.

Frikadeller, rødkål, and fingerling potatoes with Tuborg and Aalborg Jubilæums Akvavit 2.jpg
Frikadeller, rødkål, and fingerling potatoes with Tuborg and Aalborg Jubilæums Akvavit.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom