Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Excuse me, Caseydog! Don't you know that the poodle owns you, not the other way round?:LOL:

Actually, he thought it worked that way when he was a puppy. I convinced him otherwise. Dogs are "pack" oriented. They know who the top dog is, and as a dog owner, you have to establish yourself as the "top dog." Once a dog reaches that understanding, they are actually very happy.

Cats, on the other hand, never stop thinking that they are in charge, and their humans exist to serve them. A study from researchers at the University of Edinburgh determined that, if they were big enough, your pet cat would kill you and eat you.

CD

Cats, on the other hand, never stop thinking that they are in charge, and their humans exist to serve them. A study from researchers at the University of Edinburgh determined that, if they were big enough, your pet cat would kill you and eat you.

CD

and that is why they are called domesticated - and wild cats are called wild cats - 'cause they will eat you...

Size counts, dragn. When LittleBit nibbled at my hand it was no big deal. Had she been a "big cat", I'm pretty sure I would have lost that battle. :ohmy: And hand. :shock:

Hence, I see no reason to have a pet that has a bigger bite than I do. ;)

I'm now an Instant Pothead

I have a stovetop pressure cooker, and there are some things that are best made in the pressure cooker. However, I have to monitor it so that it maintains pressure, so I don't use it as much as I could. I really like "set and forget" appliances.

Amazon had the 6 qt. Instant Pot for $60 on Prime Day. I'm not a member, so I asked my daughter to order it for me. By the time I sent her an email and she tried to order it, it was sold out. Damn!

Kohl's had the same pot for $70, but included $15 in Kohl's cash, bringing the price down to $55. That's the best price I've seen, so I bit. One more kitchen toy to play with.

I have a stovetop pressure cooker, and there are some things that are best made in the pressure cooker. However, I have to monitor it so that it maintains pressure, so I don't use it as much as I could. I really like "set and forget" appliances.

Amazon had the 6 qt. Instant Pot for $60 on Prime Day. I'm not a member, so I asked my daughter to order it for me. By the time I sent her an email and she tried to order it, it was sold out. Damn!

Kohl's had the same pot for $70, but included $15 in Kohl's cash, bringing the price down to $55. That's the best price I've seen, so I bit. One more kitchen toy to play with.

Was it the Duo 6 quart? I have a duo 6 quart and an ultra 6 quart.

I think you’re going to love it.

Last edited:
Was it the Duo 6 quart? I have a duo 6 quart and an ultra 6 quart.

I think you’re going to love it.
It's the Duo 7 function, which is about 6 more than I will use. For slow cooking I'll continue to use the Cuisinart Multi-Cooker, which is an oval shape, and has a lot more surface area for browning, and much easier to clean. My stovetop pressure cooker is an 8 qt. Fagor, which is also much easier to clean. I love having all of these options. Fortunately, storage area is not an issue.

It's the Duo 7 function, which is about 6 more than I will use. For slow cooking I'll continue to use the Cuisinart Multi-Cooker, which is an oval shape, and has a lot more surface area for browning, and much easier to clean. My stovetop pressure cooker is an 8 qt. Fagor, which is also much easier to clean. I love having all of these options. Fortunately, storage area is not an issue.

I'm confused. Probably because I'm not an Instant Pot user. If you already have a pressure cooker and a slow cooker, what will you use the IP for?

Actually, he thought it worked that way when he was a puppy. I convinced him otherwise. Dogs are "pack" oriented. They know who the top dog is, and as a dog owner, you have to establish yourself as the "top dog." Once a dog reaches that understanding, they are actually very happy.

CD
I'm sure Rosiecat would - small as she is! I sometimes catch her staring at me with a very calculating expression.

Dogs are very clever. They make you think you're in charge in order that they should get a quiet life.

Happy Birthday to Me!

098.jpg

101.jpg

DH as well as my Mother were very generous this year to me for my birthday.

I've already made two batches of Ice Cream, Vanilla with mini Chocolate chips and Meyer Lemon, MMM! (we had some vanilla ice cream with carrot cake for dessert for my birthday this evening :yum:)

AND
have vacuumed the entire house TWICE!
It's just hysterical to watch this thing do what it does.
Even DH was chuckling, "What did we do before technology?"
:LOL:
Now I don't have to hurt my back any further than it already is, I let the IRobot do it for me.

View attachment 30716

View attachment 30717

DH as well as my Mother were very generous this year to me for my birthday.

I've already made two batches of Ice Cream, Vanilla with mini Chocolate chips and Meyer Lemon, MMM! (we had some vanilla ice cream with carrot cake for dessert for my birthday this evening :yum:)

AND
have vacuumed the entire house TWICE!
It's just hysterical to watch this thing do what it does.
Even DH was chuckling, "What did we do before technology?"
:LOL:
Now I don't have to hurt my back any further than it already is, I let the IRobot do it for me.
Happy birthday! And what great presents! I covet the ice cream maker. The robot vacuum cleaner would probably end up being destroyed by our dogs.

I'm confused. Probably because I'm not an Instant Pot user. If you already have a pressure cooker and a slow cooker, what will you use the IP for?
Huh? Does a fisherman ever have enough lures in his tackle box? Does Tim "the Tool Man" Taylor ever have enough tools? Geez!

As I mentioned, it's a "set and forget" appliance, which I'm a big fan of. Things are cooking while Mrs. T and I are out on the patio enjoying a glass of wine. If I need to rationalize my purchase, cooking at home with the $55 Instant Pot offsets the price of dinner out in one or two meals. We don't eat dinner out very often, because 1) we don't like the amount of salt and fat most restaurant chefs use, and 2) we're not impressed unless the restaurants offer better meals than I can make, which usually means the really good ones, which gets expensive.

On the subject of rationalizing purchases, when I get some expensive seafood, I compare the cost with a McMeal. The expensive seafood is almost always less.

Huh? Does a fisherman ever have enough lures in his tackle box? Does Tim "the Tool Man" Taylor ever have enough tools? Geez!...

tenspeed, I wasn't being critical. I have no issues with collecting kitchen toys.

You said, "It's the Duo 7 function, which is about 6 more than I will use." Also, that you prefer your current slow and pressure cookers for those functions.

What I wanted to know was what is the one function of the 7 available that you will be using?

What I wanted to know was what is the one function of the 7 available that you will be using?
Oh, it's unattended pressure cooking. I won't leave home while it's cooking, but I don't like having to keep my eye on the stovetop pressure cooker. There are some things that I'll continue to use the stovetop cooker for, like stock. The stovetop has a larger capacity.

I have a Zoji rice cooker, which I really like. I won't use the Instant Pot for rice.

Got it! The IP appears to be very versatile.
I'll have to reserve judgment on the other functions on the IP, but appliances designed with one purpose in mind, and then have other functions added, tend to not be so good on the additional functions. The IP has a "rice" function, and my microprocessor controlled Zoji has 5 different rice functions, depending upon the type of rice being cooked. I don't expect the IP to match the Zoji. The Zoji has a cake function, and a friend tried it - once.

I'm only planning to use the IP for automatic pressure cooking. My daughter sometimes uses the slow cook function on hers, because the SS pot in the IP is easier to clean than the heavy crock.

My reason for liking my Instant Pot is that it IS multifunctional..

As some of you know, I eliminated most everything when I moved to Missouri.. The IP serves as my pressure cooker, rice cooker and slow cooker..
I also, because of ease of use, use it for potatoes, hard boiled eggs, etc..

In addition to it being multifunctional, it reduces the quantity of pots and pans to clean and store and allows me to walk away from it as it is processing whatever it is cooking..

Certainly not for everyone but, works well in my kitchen..

Ross

MThe IP serves as my pressure cooker, rice cooker and slow cooker..
I also, because of ease of use, use it for potatoes, hard boiled eggs, etc..

In addition to it being multifunctional, it reduces the quantity of pots and pans to clean and store and allows me to walk away from it as it is processing whatever it is cooking..
How do you make something in the IP and then want to serve it over rice?

Totally agree with the "set and forget" capability.

Happy Birthday, K-girl. What a lovely bag of "toys" you had for your b'day.

What happens when Roomba gets to the corners of the rooms? Does he have an attachment that lets him get into them? I've always wondered.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom