Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use a 22" Weber kettle for smoking. I can do up to three racks of ribs at once though I usually just do one at a time. Also have done chickens, pork loins and turkey breasts.

Attachments

• GligVTIbS9aswaQNHghmEA_thumb_730f.jpg
    GligVTIbS9aswaQNHghmEA_thumb_730f.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 162
  • HZGxTpN%SKq2%2Fno4fJ9w_thumb_66fb.jpg
    HZGxTpN%SKq2%2Fno4fJ9w_thumb_66fb.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 146
  • MQrCo13GRbKyXYMXFfDnQA_thumb_58c1.jpg
    MQrCo13GRbKyXYMXFfDnQA_thumb_58c1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 195
  • RlkEnAEVRLu55jThnkM61A_thumb_737e.jpg
    RlkEnAEVRLu55jThnkM61A_thumb_737e.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 145
Actually, I don't care. I'm enjoying the eye candy. ;) On the other hand I suppose it would be proper forum etiquette to have a dedicated thread. If someone does that, please post the link to it in this thread so that we can follow the smoke trail.

Actually, I don't care. I'm enjoying the eye candy. ;) On the other hand I suppose it would be proper forum etiquette to have a dedicated thread. If someone does that, please post the link to it in this thread so that we can follow the smoke trail.
We happen to be smoking both beef and pork today, so I'll start a new thread with some eye candy ;)

Can you please post a link for that slow n sear. TIA

I believe he has this one:
Slow and Sear on Amazon

As for kitchen (Garden?) candy, I just ordered this.
61K6lZgeJlL._SL1038_.jpg

Hutzler Garden Colander, Green

I was in my community garden this morning and saw my "neighbor" with a Tubtrug. Realized that I needed something similar to keep in the car to haul the garden goodies to my kitchen. Harvested kale, some hot peppers, a few garlic, and some shallots this morning.

I know, right?! [emoji38]

Still, we have to get back on track sometime ;) Why not start a new thread to talk about grilling and smoking?

There’s a whole BBQ forum. No need to start a new thread.

The point of my past was the indicate there is no real need for extra equipment to get the job done.

:LOL: You do have a nice family there. So no gas grills?

I have a Weber Genesis gasser, that I bought used, and fixed up. According to Weber customer service, it was made in 2000, so it is 19 years old, and works like new. I bought it after I took that picture.

BTW, Weber customer service is amazing. They have parts in stock for 20-plus year old grills.

CD

I was just thinking that. We do have a forum for outdoor cooking and a subforum for the gear:

Gear: Grills, Smokers & Pits - Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Threads on forums often drift. This one will survive and get back on its original track.

I'm a Weberhead. From pictures I've seen on the forum, I believe GG has a Weber kettle. They are good backyard "kitchen candy." So, we didn't go too off the rails. And, like i already said, the thread will go back to normal.

CD

BTW, Weber customer service is amazing. They have parts in stock for 20-plus year old grills.

Yes, agreed. You can also find parts for them on Amazon and other third parties. I love the pre-2000 vintage 13 flavor bars gasser.

I will have to pick up a kettle grill for myself so I can see what the excitement is about.

Threads on forums often drift. This one will survive and get back on its original track.

I'm a Weberhead. From pictures I've seen on the forum, I believe GG has a Weber kettle. They are good backyard "kitchen candy." So, we didn't go too off the rails. And, like i already said, the thread will go back to normal.

CD
And it's fine for a discussion to go off topic for a while. No one was blaming anybody for it going off topic. That just happens. But, it was starting to look like it wasn't going to go back on topic. All those posts about grills and smokers will be hard to find in the future. Who will remember to look in Kitchen "Candy", when there is a forum for outdoor cooking?

And it's fine for a discussion to go off topic for a while. No one was blaming anybody for it going off topic. That just happens. But, it was starting to look like it wasn't going to go back on topic. All those posts about grills and smokers will be hard to find in the future. Who will remember to look in Kitchen "Candy", when there is a forum for outdoor cooking?
So how is a grill, smoker, burner, etc. not part of a kitchen? They are all cooking tools, just like an oven or a stovetop.

Back
Top Bottom