Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GG, nice finds.

All of my enamelled, cast iron cookware is supposedly seconds. My mother taught me that the inspectors are rushed, so when they sort, they let some of the firsts into the seconds rather than spend the time to make absolutely sure there are no blemishes. Any reputable company would rather have a few firsts in with the seconds than the other way around. So, when the seconds go on sale, it's time to go hunting. With a careful eye, you can find the firsts that slipped in.

LOL, CG, I've shopped there! Back when I was driving Snowbirds cars back and forth. Got a green lidded pot (not exactly the colour I wanted but wanted the pot more!). I don't remember the price (30+ years ago) but I was happy.

The lid, when flipped over, was also a frying pan. 2 for 1, win win!

On all my subsequent trips, I either passed thru when they were closed or they didn't have a big enough price reduction that my pocket book could allow. I guess eventually I got discouraged and I also wasn't into cooking like I had become but I don't remember stopping often on later trips.

Good finds! Love the oval!

Hub gave me money to order my own Christmas gift. So I ordered a few things from Amazon. Plus, DD's asked me for a wish list. Not sure what I will put on it.

Details and pictures to follow after I receive them.

Went to Walmart today for the Blackstone E-Series griddle. Had to go to the one across town, as that was the only one to have it in stock (and 30 bucks cheaper than ordering it online!). I plan to use it in the house, but also to be able to take it along for campouts in the RV. I got the 22-inch model. It comes with a stand, but I'm not planning on using it. I'll use it on the island at home and on the picnic table at campsites. :)

IMG_5889 (3).jpg

Went to Walmart today for the Blackstone E-Series griddle. Had to go to the one across town, as that was the only one to have it in stock (and 30 bucks cheaper than ordering it online!). I plan to use it in the house, but also to be able to take it along for campouts in the RV. I got the 22-inch model. It comes with a stand, but I'm not planning on using it. I'll use it on the island at home and on the picnic table at campsites. :)

View attachment 50182
Is that cooking surface detachable?

What are the 2nd and 3rd ones?

Those baskets and liners have been on my wish list for ages!

and obviously an early Merry Christmas to you! Fresh bread on the table coming right up.

What are the 2nd and 3rd ones?

Those baskets and liners have been on my wish list for ages!

and obviously an early Merry Christmas to you! Fresh bread on the table coming right up.

Chihee Oil Strainer Pot Grease Can 2 L Stainless Steel Oil Storage Can Container with Fine Mesh Strainer Dust-proof lid Non-slip Plate Suitable for Storing Frying Oil and Cooking Grease

OXO Good Grips 2 Cup Adjustable Measuring Cup

DD#1 doesn't like seeded rye. So I figured I can make one of each (seeded and unseeded) and they won't get mixed up due to shape.

Last edited:

well, we don't fry much here but looks great, heard y'all talking about those before.

Measuring Cup, thought so but wanted to make sure, often see them on some of the cooking shows but have never really done a big search. Gonna put it on my list!
(Edit) just looked this one up, here in Canada they are $36.33, hmmm...

What a great excuse for two of those baskets. Never could decide which shape was best. Now I know, both of them!

Thanks, looks like my Christmas List just expanded!

Last edited:
well, we don't fry much here but looks great, heard y'all talking about those before.

Measuring Cup, thought so but wanted to make sure, often see them on some of the cooking shows but have never really done a big search. Gonna put it on my list!
(Edit) just looked this one up, here in Canada they are $36.33, hmmm...

What a great excuse for two of those baskets. Never could decide which shape was best. Now I know, both of them!

Thanks, looks like my Christmas List just expanded!

I'm going to use my grease can for bacon fat.

I have another large plunger type measuring cup and a small one for TBSP. and tsp. measuring. I like them for measuring solid or sticky ingredients, like peanut butter, molasses and honey. Will come in handy this year for cookie baking.

I got a couple of new tools. First, I got a "meat chopper" that is used to break up ground meats as you are browning the meat. I tell you, it makes quick and easy work of it. I used it to make a sausage gravy and couldn't believe how it simplified the process. I used it for burger too. Love it!

IMG_6040 (2).jpg

The other thing I got is a mini-jar for my blender. It is made for smaller quantities, up to about 16 ounces. It has a "twister" attachment, ideal for helping to scrap the sides as you work. They say it is great for making nut butters, hummus and shakes. I think I'll try it for salsa and things that just don't need or want the larger jar.

IMG_6036 (2).jpg

I got a couple of new tools. First, I got a "meat chopper" that is used to break up ground meats as you are browning the meat. I tell you, it makes quick and easy work of it. I used it to make a sausage gravy and couldn't believe how it simplified the process. I used it for burger too. Love it!

View attachment 50768

The other thing I got is a mini-jar for my blender. It is made for smaller quantities, up to about 16 ounces. It has a "twister" attachment, ideal for helping to scrap the sides as you work. They say it is great for making nut butters, hummus and shakes. I think I'll try it for salsa and things that just don't need or want the larger jar.

View attachment 50772
Can you post a link for the mini blender jar please?

For mini-jars I just use my regular canning jars, the threads match and I have multiple jar sizes to use. But I love that scrapper! Nice find!

The meat chopper, when I first saw that and went looking for one, had no luck. (they are everywhere now) Tried a potato masher - that was a big fail. In the end I now just use two flat end wood spatulas and do a two handed chop with those. Works beautifully! I'm usually using them anyhow when frying the meat and stirring/mixing in the other ingredients.

Back
Top Bottom