Kitchen Timer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I was that age I used to set three wind up alarm clocks about 10 minutes apart. I put them far from the bed. I still often managed to turn them all off without waking up. :LOL:

I remember one morning not waking up until I hit the shower. I managed to start the coffee and lay out my clothes for work all while I was sleeping. :angel:

I have a Maverick timer and, while I love the functionality, I hate it eats batteries. And it doesn't use those cheap ones either.

What timer do you use? Why do you like it? What don't you like?

I like the 3 lines for countdown AND I can have a count up as well.

I like it remembers the times on each line. Wish it was a little quick to set, but that's not huge.

I like the display is easy to see (until the batteries start to get low).

I like that it has a stand and a magnet. Our kitchen cabinets are metal and this sticks right to em. It also has a screw hanger.

Did I mention I hate that it eats batteries?

Mine is the countdown timer on the microwave oven. If I need a second one, I have one on the range too. I have too many gadgets as it is, so a separate timer would just be more clutter in the drawer or cabinet.

I use the stove timer. But it is very soft and hard to hear unless you are right next to it. Baking time is here again. So I should get one I can hear. :angel:

I found a kitchen timer app for my Android phone, which is quite handy!
When I'm in the kitchen, I generally use the microwave timer.
Have a couple 1950s windups, but those are just clutter, LOL.

I use the clock function on my iPod. It comes with me where ever I go, so no worries about not being able to hear the stove/microwave timer. (Which both have tiny electronic beeps that stop after a few seconds.)

I found a kitchen timer app for my Android phone, which is quite handy!

I wrote a paperweight app for iPhone. Interested parties can contact me if they want to know where to download it. Free app. Or if you want the permanent paperweight app just slam your phone on the floor several times. (Compatible with all brands.) ;)

I use a KA digital timer and the Oven digital timer. I nearly always need 2 timers whatwith so much goings on in my kitchen. Sometimes I set both timers for one item, just to make sure I hear it. I also have a wind-up timer in a drawer. It has a loud ring, like an old telephone machine :)

Back
Top Bottom