Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Knowing im important enough to have a weekely conference call changed to a different day becuase my work schedule is changing.

also... getting the offical annoucment that I will be working under a new management team in the near future.

speaking of school------my granddaughter on the 2nd day of kindergarten announced that she could go in by herself and that Dad could drive on.........:) just like my daughter, her aunt.........scary thought but it made me really smile to know that the genetic pool is alive and well........

My 1 yr old when she put a dish in the sink tonight then came to me and told ME to say thank you! :LOL::LOL:

aww Happy Birthday to Babe's Great Grandaughter!!

i was backing up some pictures that were taken this past summer, and came across this one. it's a little out of frame because i was holding the camera on a rocking boat. we were on the circle line, the sightseeing ferry that goes around manhattan island.

it's not the greatest picture, as my boy and i were squishing my wife's head with our noggins to try to fit in the frame. :)

seeing it this morning brought a smile to my face, and it reminds me of how much that i have to be grateful for.
I love that picture! Thanks for telling James and me about the Circle Line--we had a lot of fun on our tour. :flowers:

My 1 yr old when she put a dish in the sink tonight then came to me and told ME to say thank you! :LOL::LOL:
That is so cute! And it shows that she listens!

The last thing that made me smile was sweet kadesma worrying that she might have offended someone (and she of course had not). That is so like her (I worry about that too sometimes, so I know how she feels). I don't know anyone here who doesn't love you cj! So just keep on being the wonderful person we all know you to be!

:)Barbara

I love that picture! Thanks for telling James and me about the Circle Line--we had a lot of fun on our tour. :flowers:

That is so cute! And it shows that she listens!

The last thing that made me smile was sweet kadesma worrying that she might have offended someone (and she of course had not). That is so like her (I worry about that too sometimes, so I know how she feels). I don't know anyone here who doesn't love you cj! So just keep on being the wonderful person we all know you to be!

Thanks Barb,
much of who I am is mom and dad. Being kind and sweet,loving is from the people I've come to know here at DC..When your show kindness, it makes you want to return it..And you and Mr. Karma Bandit made me love to be kind
cj;)

Ok,
Last week my boss decided he was going to be funny and set one of the timers for our coffee pots to go off at 5 am for me.... and hid it under a piece of paper that said Good Morning Suzi! just because he's a goofball.
Well this morning he set all 3 timers to go off within 30 seconds of each other..... and NOT near each other!!!
After running to the last one, there's a note that says, Suzi, you're the best....
AND 20 BUCKS!
wow I had a great day after that!

Seeing my 14 year old (now in high school) opening the door to his 5 year old brother while dropping him off at school. It was priceless.

i love babies! can't wait to be a Mom. my Mother says wait till i'm through with school & don't get married yet.

You might wonder if I'm ever going to get to the point here, but I will get there eventually! LOL

A week or so after we left on vacation I went to pay for some ebay items on PayPal. Unfortunately I had changed the password before we left and had gotten in the habit of using Robo-Fill to do the password, and I couldn't remember it. I hadn't done any PayPal stuff on my laptop, so Robo-Fill didn't have it listed on this computer. I clicked on PayPal's link to have them send me my password, but nothing happened. I tried several times, but I never got an email from them (yes, I checked my junk mail). We called them and gave them every bit of information they asked for, but they can't give it over the phone, and they won't send it by email except through that one link, which wasn't working (I had hoped that if I emailed them, they would be able to respond to that one). I appreciate that they are looking out for our safety, but I was getting very frustrated. I thought I remembered our password then, so I started typing variations of it in. Finally it told me I could pay by credit card and get my password later. So I tried that. The trouble is, we had gotten a second copy of the card, and it has a different expiration date, so they have now said we have to fix it all when we get home.

Which leads to where I was going with this...

I asked the people we owed if they would prefer to wait for us to get home and use PayPal or pay with a money order now. Some said PP and some said money order. Then James bought some new stuff, so I decided that rather than even asking, since they listed money order as a choice, I would just do money orders for the rest of them.

While in Vermont we stopped at the post office in the town where we stayed (Rutland). It was just a tiny post office inside a little gas station market, and they didn't take credit cards.

Off to another one along our route toward Washington D.C. (still in Vermont). I told him that I needed 19 money orders. He was friendly enough, but things kept messing up and he kept swearing (not at me, but at the situation), which is something that I don't like. I didn't say anything, of course, but just waited patiently. About halfway through the process, he ran into a problem and we had to start from scratch. When we finished, he had me run my card, and his machine was not working. I had literally been up all night, until 7:30 a.m. hand writing all the invoices (no printer with us) and getting the envelopes ready, so I was tired, and now I was frustrated and upset. I gathered my stuff up and walked out in tears.

(Finally she's coming to a point!)...

On my way to the car a young guy (around 20 I think) followed me out and called out to me. He said, "I have $50 if that would help." I assured him I had the money in the bank and that it was just because of their machine. I thanked him very much and said I would just go to another post office.

It seems so rare to find young people who are willing to help out like that these days. He didn't know me, but he knew I was upset, and he was willing to give me $50 to help out.

So, bless you young guy in Vermont, and thank you for making me smile.

that's lovely, barbara.
some of us young 'uns love to give. me included!!
bless that man fer his kindness!!!

Yeah luvs, I know there are plenty of good young people out there, but we usually only hear about the bad ones. So I think it is important to let the world know good people do exist! I'm glad you're one of them!

Back
Top Bottom