Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Smiling because my thursday and friday are filled with watching the little ones again...Makes me feel so happy

kades

What made me smile was looking out the window as I sit at the computer and seeing Mr. and Mrs. Mallard duck in my pond.

Just now getting a call from Cade thanking me for dinner yesterday and telling me he is eating the leftovers he and his mom took home..He said he is so glad he now likes gravy on his potatoes and for bread dunking :LOL:

kades

thanks, kades. (((((hugs)))))
i love being here.
they give us a final, a quiz, & 2 practicals, then vacation!!!!! whew!!

Having been to culinary school I totally agree that after that you need a nice long vacation! LOL!!! Relax and enjoy! You have certainly earned it.

A young couple is coming over tomorrow night to plan their wedding reception (a dessert buffet) and the groom, who I have known for quite a few years now, says he is fasting until then so he can do lots of taste testing! :) People loving my cooking and baking is the fasted way to put a smile on my face! Now I have to get baking!

Having been to culinary school I totally agree that after that you need a nice long vacation! LOL!!! Relax and enjoy! You have certainly earned it.

ugh, i'm a sleep-junkie & a few minutes to not focus on important stuff would be great, a breather. thank God fer vacation!!

thanks!

(pssst..... fer my practical, my veloute & espagnole were great, my hollandaise wasn't, i needed to fix it, & my pilaf was excellent. got a 98 on my final, a 100 on my quiz, & my knife skills practical's tomorrow.:ROFLMAO:i'm losing it!!!!!:ROFLMAO:)

When my two year old son walked up to me and tugged on my arms and said, "We fogotta pray! Fold your arms!" And then he bowed his head and said a sweet little prayer.

When my two year old son walked up to me and tugged on my arms and said, "We fogotta pray! Fold your arms!" And then he bowed his head and said a sweet little prayer.

Awww, that just put the biggest smile on my face too! Thanks for sharing, Michelle!

thanks, kades. (((((hugs)))))
i love being here.
they give us a final, a quiz, & 2 practicals, then vacation!!!!! whew!!
And you will sail right through it. Good luck to you sweetie
kades

My son, who is one who doesn't like change or trying new things, came up to me yesterday as I was preparing dinner and asked if he could try some of the Spaghetti Squash I had baking in the oven for my DH and I. He said he wanted to try something different. He thought it was O.K., but he liked regular spaghetti better.

I had so much fun yesterday, My son in law stopped by after picking up the kids and Olivia got her first baking lesson. She saw I was just getting ready to knead bread, so she gabbed a chair, dragged it to the bread board, climbed up and stated she wanted to help you Ma..So I showed her, push,turn, fold, push handed over the big wad of dough and she kneaded away. When we got finished I told her we needed to put the ball of dough into a greased bowl and she helped me do that as well. we put it to rise and went outside to swing..She was so excited telling her daddy her eyes just sparkled..I now have my second cook coming along..Cade is my cookie baker, but now has branched out. He called asking about a broccoli casserrole that he and mommy made yesterday.
WOW I'm really smiling
kadesma

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom