Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, hasn't anyone smiled in a month and a half? :huh: I guess this winter has a lot of people down...

I needed to fill my car's gas tank today. I mean I REALLY needed to fill it! In fact, while driving to the station I noticed that the last hash-mark telling me there was 1/8 of a tank left kept flashing at me. My 18 gallon tank took 17.67 gallons. :ohmy: Fortunately, I made it in time, and it cost me (here is the smile part) "only" $35. After spending that on not much more than a half-tank a while back, I was glad to see I got money back from my two $20.

It had been a rough holiday season...for some reason it was particularly not a good holiday this past year.

Stick 'em up!

funny-cute-kittens-05.jpg

Funny how often a cat figures in my answer -- whether mine or someone else's. :cat:

Attachments

• Moe  Jan  2015.JPG
    Moe Jan 2015.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 152
I was feeling sorry for myself early today. I have a sore throat and feel a bit off. Don't know if it's because I'm getting sick or because last night's smokin' good steak bothered it. Anyway, who comes up onto our porch but Larry, our trusty mail carrier...bearing a box with my Penzeys spices! :w00t: When I opened it, I noticed the small bottle on top was plastic. :huh: Wait, I did they change their bottles from glass? :ermm: Turns out, it was a sample bottle of dill weed in addition to the large bottle of their new Roasted Garlic sprinkle. All this AND free shipping? And people wonder why I like Penzeys so much.

Just like Christmas, all over again:

Attachments

• 2015-02-07 14.10.43.jpg
    2015-02-07 14.10.43.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 170
I'm jealous! Other than the porcinis I got the other day, I think I'm overloaded on herbs and spices. Was looking at the Penzeys site, and couldn't find a dang thing I needed. Drat. Not in the market for astofoeda.

Nice, CG! :w00t:
I looked with great anticipation for my Penzey's shipment today, but it didn't come....should be Monday. I used a different payment card last week when I ordered and accidentally entered in the wrong expiration date of my card. :wacko: They emailed me about it, but I didn't check my email for a couple of days.

I'm so looking forward to getting it, I'm almost out of peppercorns. :ohmy:
Hope you feel better soon!

Last edited:
She was obviously the crowd favorite, and will be hitting the talk show circuit tomorrow. Remember Uno? Two beagles for the first time.

My Beagle is a runt, about 12 inches.

The snow in our backyard is pristine since we haven't been feeding birds or squirrels, the only "blemishes" being from snow dropping off the branches. I love the way the trees cast shadows on the pure snow. It was warmish enough today, along with full sun, to get the sun room temperature into the low-60s. Soon, I should be able to take a cup of tea and a magazine out in the afternoon to sit and read for a bit.

Attachments

• 2015-02-22 14.45.23.jpg
    2015-02-22 14.45.23.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 147
My grandson won second place in the Barista competition in Paris, France. I was so nervous watching the video, it was like I was right there. How proud can a grandma be.

Back
Top Bottom