Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did.
It wasn't tbat great here. Still cool, though. I wish I was home and had time to get my telescope out.

There we were in the predawn darkness sitting on our front porch holding hands and watching the Super Blue Blood Moon. It was quite a show.

Did anyone else see it?
I went to bed before the moon did out here in the east. However, I did see a huge moon rising as I drove home from grocery shopping this evening. Wasn't red (or blue ;) ), but it still looked cool.

I went to bed before the moon did out here in the east. However, I did see a huge moon rising as I drove home from grocery shopping this evening. Wasn't red (or blue ;) ), but it still looked cool.

I think only the west saw the full eclipse in the very early dark this morning and we were impressed with a clear and windless sky. It must have been in the low 50's and so very quiet. Sigh, enough to make anyone smile. :)

Last edited:
Fartin around with my boys. P_20180210_173726_BF.jpg

When my DH removes the snow from our front sidewalk, he always does our neighbors on both side of us.{He loves to help other people.} And in the summer when our leaves from our tree go on the neighbor lawn he always rakes them up. Well, yesterday the one neighbor comes over and gives my DH a gift card from our local grocery store. My DH didn't want to take it but the guy insisted. What a nice thing for him to do.

When my DH removes the snow from our front sidewalk, he always does our neighbors on both side of us.{He loves to help other people.} And in the summer when our leaves from our tree go on the neighbor lawn he always rakes them up. Well, yesterday the one neighbor comes over and gives my DH a gift card from our local grocery store. My DH didn't want to take it but the guy insisted. What a nice thing for him to do.

Your husband sounds much like mine JoAnn. Those with generous hearts like theirs don't expect thanks, but those of us who love them are always glad when it happens. Thanks for sharing, it made me smile too.

Your husband sounds much like mine JoAnn. Those with generous hearts like theirs don't expect thanks, but those of us who love them are always glad when it happens. Thanks for sharing, it made me smile too.

He is the same way with his work shop. People know they can bring anything that needs repairing and he will fix it for them. No charge. Even his church. Anything needs to be done they come here. He loves doing it for them. His dad was that way and I am very happy to say so are our children.

I'm a grandmother! :mrgreen: Sort of. One of our exchange students had her first baby last week - a gorgeous little girl. Now we need to plan a trip to Germany to visit them :wub:

I'm a grandmother! :mrgreen: Sort of. One of our exchange students had her first baby last week - a gorgeous little girl. Now we need to plan a trip to Germany to visit them :wub:

That'd be an awesome trip. Ever been to Europe? You guys can also see France too. Belgium and the Netherlands are right there too. Lots of great food.

Last edited:
Congrats on your Exchange Granddaughter!

If you can't travel immediately perhaps you can aim for her first birthday. Gives you lots of time to plan and it will be a double special!

Thanks, all! [emoji2]

jd, I've been there a few times. When I graduated from high school, my mom gave me a trip to Europe as a graduation present - 15 countries in 30 days :ohmy: Most recently, we spent 10 days in Germany and Italy for our 25th anniversary in 2009; we saw all three of our former German exchange students during that trip [emoji2]

dragn, waiting a while might be a good idea. We've been talking about doing a river cruise on the Rhine, so we could add some extra time at one end or the other. What fun that will be [emoji2]

Thanks, all! [emoji2]

jd, I've been there a few times. When I graduated from high school, my mom gave me a trip to Europe as a graduation present - 15 countries in 30 days :ohmy: Most recently, we spent 10 days in Germany and Italy for our 25th anniversary in 2009; we saw all three of our former German exchange students during that trip [emoji2]

dragn, waiting a while might be a good idea. We've been talking about doing a river cruise on the Rhine, so we could add some extra time at one end or the other. What fun that will be [emoji2]

Congrats on the new baby GG!! I sure hope you do that river cruise on the Rhine. It was one of our favorite river cruises.

Do that River Cruise! My ex was telling me about it. He went with his girlfriend last year (?I think) and it was wonderful - I was jealous!

Back
Top Bottom