Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had a fun surprise on Friday. DH is off work for spring break and we were sitting on the front porch enjoying the warm sunshine when three people came up our sidewalk and said, if we didn't mind, they would like to visit with us :ohmy: We looked at each other and at them and at the same time, we said, "Well, who are you?" [emoji38]

It turned out they were three of the children of the woman we bought our house from in 1992! Their parents lived here for 28 years - one said she was 12 when they bought it. They said they were curious to see who lives here now and what the house looks like. We were glad to show them around and they were very happy with what we've done with the place.

The house was built in 1912 and is in a historic district. We took up carpet and refinished wood floors and have painted every room at least once. We also have added two patios, raised flower and vegetable gardens, a shed and a privacy fence. And of course, they absolutely loved the kitchen renovation we did about 11 years ago (I love it, too :wub:) .

Then late this morning, a neighbor came by to bring us a package that had been delivered mistakenly to his house. He was good friends with these people when they were all growing up. They went to see him after they left here and told him how happy they were to see people living in the house who enjoyed it and took care of it. So often, people go to see their childhood homes and find that they're not well taken care of or subsequent owners have made unsightly changes. So that brought us another smile [emoji2]

That's awesome, GG. I've often wondered about the houses I grew up in. The closest I've come is looking at google map images of them and seeing what they look like now.

if we didn't mind, they would like to visit with us :ohmy: We looked at each other and at them and at the same time, we said, "Well, who are you?
I must admit I would have thought they were looking to sell something, or convert me.

Love the way the story turned out GG!!

This made me smile...this kid LOVES baseball!

Tyler at almost 2 years old in 2012 with his first baseball bat :wub:
Tyler baseball...almost 2.jpg

Last Saturday's game.....he's 7 now and starting pitcher. The tongue helps with the wind up throw. :LOL: I told him when he's in the Big League he can buy me a new house. :LOL:

Tyler baseball...starting pitcher.jpg

Last edited:
No need to pretend, GG. That is the logo "D" for the Deetroit Tigers. I loved reading about your encounter with the children of the previous owners of your home. Good thing we build our own, though. My house never looks as nice as yours did. :LOL:

Wow, Cheryl, what a difference five years makes! He looks so grown up compared to that first photo. And my Mom did the same "tongue" thing when she was concentrating on something. :LOL:

This made me smile...this kid LOVES baseball!

Tyler at almost 2 years old in 2012 with his first baseball bat :wub:
View attachment 29668

Last Saturday's game.....he's 7 now and starting pitcher. The tongue helps with the wind up throw. :LOL: I told him when he's in the Big League he can buy me a new house. :LOL:

View attachment 29669

He looks great, Cheryl. His posture is right, and the front foot is relaxed. And yes, lol, the tongue helps.

No need to pretend, GG. That is the logo "D" for the Deetroit Tigers.

Oh, I was assuming it was for the Little League team he plays on.

I loved reading about your encounter with the children of the previous owners of your home. Good thing we build our own, though. My house never looks as nice as yours did. [emoji38]

Heh, thanks. We were actually expecting company when you and Himself visited ;) It wasn't too terrible, but they insisted they didn't see any mess [emoji38]

GG, great story about your home's history.

Cheryl, he's a handsome boy and must be a great kid because he loves baseball and has you for a grandma.

Thanks so much for your kind comments, Bucky, GG, CG, and Andy! :wub:

GG, yes, the "D" is for Detroit. The teams 'borrow' names of major league teams - he's also been an Angel and a Dodger. :)

Bucky and CG, his late great-grandmother used to do the 'tongue' thing too, when she was concentrating on something! :LOL:

CG, I can hardly believe how he's grown...he was such a tiny little guy and now he's up to my shoulders. :ohmy:

Andy, what a kind thing to say...thank you so much.

I was just thinking today that he'll be 8 in July, and he's been loving and playing baseball for half of his life. He started at 4 years old in T-ball. :)

Pirate came out of his room with tears running down his cheek. It seems that my 18th grandchild who is just eight weeks old, did something amazing today!

His son was in the living room reading his newspaper. He heard Katie let out a scream. Jonathan jumped up to see who was hurt. Baby Jonathan at only eight weeks took his first three steps on his own. OMG!!! This child weighed just over nine pounds at birth. He was so surprised at himself, that he started to giggle. This is the happiest baby I have ever seen. No more crawling for him. It is all Giggling and Walking for him from now on.

He was just a couple of days old. Jonathan and Katie brought the baby down for me to see. He had already gained weight. He was just to heavy for me to hold. I had to hand him back to Pirate.

I think of him taking his first steps, and I can't stop smiling. His other grandmother is very upset because she missed it. All my kids were just one year old or older when they took their first steps.

Addie, surely you mean 8 months don't you? not weeks?

Yes. Thank you for catching that. All this dang pain keeps me from seeing straight. I got a patch for the pain yesterday. It is working much better than the pills Then come Friday, they will up the dose a wee bit. I am at the end of my rope.

That's OK Addie - perfectly understandable. :LOL:

I also have constant pain but I doubt it is like yours - you are a brave lady.
My big word slip is saying "I am taking it for my necropsy" instead of "neuropathy" !

Yesterday I took a customer's 2011 Ferrari California down into Dallas for service. Oil change, $427 and change. Driving a Ferrari with the top down, free. Driving a Ferrari through the Addison Tunnel full throttle in second and third gear... priceless.

Smiled from ear to ear. It's a car enthusiast thing. We're a bit odd. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpnXC1V55vM

CD

I'm smiling about my shiny, clean shower-tub. My bathroom smells nice, too. Ever since I learned about washing fiberglass tubs with shampoo instead of that stinky shower cleaner stuff, it isn't quite the chore. Well, yeah, it's still a chore. But it goes faster and smells better.

I hope I rinsed all the shampoo off of the tub floor. Otherwise I'll be going vwoopa on my dupa later tonight. :ohmy:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom