London under attack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for checking in Kyles!!! It is a big relief to hear from you. I hope all of our other friends and their family and friends are ok too.

My prayers are also for those affected by terroism, be it in London, Spain, the U.S., Iraque, or anywhere those who attempt to move their own agendas forward through violence have raised their ugly and insane acts.

I know too little about Islam. But I do know that it preaches the same goals, of peace and love for all people around the world as do most of the religeons. It doesn't teach hatred or violence against ones neighbors. Their is no Jihad, or holy war. For what's being done by the terrorist groups is certainly not of God.

I hate terror, and violence. I will continure to fight against it by living my life to give, and to uplift others. ?We all need to set the example. That's how terroism is fought, IMHO.

And Ishmel, I'm very happy that you and yours are Ok.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

bknox said:
I grieve for the innocent people who die in religious and political war, be it declared or acts of terrorism.

Our family is praying for England to find the strength to get beyond this act of cowardice and also to find the strength to bring the individuals responsible to justice.

Bryan

I couldn't have said it better, Bryan.

Kyles, even though I know you are far away, I still was worried! Didn't we have a newbie teenager sign on last week from London?

I am praying for all the people involved in this atrocity also. My first thoughts were of you Kylie, as I was thinking you traveled to London also (when something horrible hits, what you know sometimes disappears!). I'm glad you are ok. Ishbel, I'm glad your family is ok too. Sandyj, I'm praying that you have all good news. And for any other members who live in London, or have family or friends there, I pray that all is ok too. Check in and let us know.

Barbara

My heart goes out to everyone in London, and surounding areas. I couldnt believe it when I turned on the morning news to see that. It's been on tv here all morning and afternoon, so at least we are continually updated on the situation. What a sad day:(

My thoughts and prayers go out to our English friends. Please Lord, stop this insanity.......wasabi

Ishbel and Kyles thanks for telling us you are alright.

These misled humans of the homicide attacks will eventually be found.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was on the Honolulu Advertiser's editorial page today.

img_139264_0_fba824bb0b1e48799007c4485b975434.jpg

I have a lot of British ex-pat friends who live in the neighbourhood, so yesterday was spent calling them and making sure their friends & family were OK. One friend has a son who is working as a police officer in London and was involved in helping out at the bus explostion yesterday, his reports of the injuries & fatalities sustained were just too horrendous.

Luckily, DH's and my own families are all 70 miles away from London, so we did not need to be concerned about them...but hubby is flying to Heathrow today on business for a couple of weeks, so I shall be worrying about him until he gets home safe :(

I just stood in front of the TV and cried yesterday.

Paint.

Paint said:
I have a lot of British ex-pat friends who live in the neighbourhood, so yesterday was spent calling them and making sure their friends & family were OK. One friend has a son who is working as a police officer in London and was involved in helping out at the bus explostion yesterday, his reports of the injuries & fatalities sustained were just too horrendous.

Luckily, DH's and my own families are all 70 miles away from London, so we did not need to be concerned about them...but hubby is flying to Heathrow today on business for a couple of weeks, so I shall be worrying about him until he gets home safe :(

I just stood in front of the TV and cried yesterday.

Paint.
Paint,
I can't imagine how scared you must be, but, I will offer you thoughts and prayers for your DH, family and friends.. I wish there were more I could do.
kadesma

Paint, we will get them. The US and Britian and the coalition make mistakes now and then. No one is perfect. Police get into car accidents too. But we do our best. And that is the best we CAN do. We will get these folks. They believe 100% in what they do. But they are misled. I pray that the armed forces and all that side against the homicide bommers will have the protection of Christ. Paint, together, we will catch them or kill them. I pray for justice. I pray for the misled to understand the difference between religions. Love and help or kill in the name of a radical book.:neutral:

(PS DO NOT edit this without telling me EXACTLY how you will edit it. Love the "greenies" but please respect our word in human tragedy.)

Last edited:
My cousin's 'boy' (well, he's 32) is a member of the City of London police force (separate and distinct from the Metropolitan police) was involved in the rescue efforts in the City of London. He is traumatised but still going on with his job. They are working overtime, for no payment, just to try to get those bodies out. It is horrific - as his Mum tells me.

There are now incidents of Muslim centres being targeted. This should be quashed immediately. We cannot blame the entire religous sector for what a few fanatics are doing.

Tonight, Birmingham town centre has been emptied because of a suspect device. One can only hope it is a false alarm. But they may have learned from the IRA bombers - who would plant a bomb and then plant hoax devices in different areas, just to ensure that the police were at full stretch.

Terrorists are ANIMALS, whatever their political or religious stripe.

Ishbel said:
My cousin's 'boy' (well, he's 32) is a member of the City of London police force (separate and distinct from the Metropolitan police) was involved in the rescue efforts in the City of London. He is traumatised but still going on with his job. They are working overtime, for no payment, just to try to get those bodies out. It is horrific - as his Mum tells me.

There are now incidents of Muslim centres being targeted. This should be quashed immediately. We cannot blame the entire religous sector for what a few fanatics are doing.

Tonight, Birmingham town centre has been emptied because of a suspect device. One can only hope it is a false alarm. But they may have learned from the IRA bombers - who would plant a bomb and then plant hoax devices in different areas, just to ensure that the police were at full stretch.

Terrorists are ANIMALS, whatever their political or religious stripe.
It doesn't matter how old they are does it Ishbel..They are still our boys and girls...It's awful not to be able to help in some way..All I can do is listen, and pray..That I'll do..I hope all is ok with you and your family..Take heart, there are more of us who care for you and wish you well than who those who want to hurt you.
kadesma

I am thinking of you all over there across the pond. There is nothing more unsettling for all of us than not to know where this violence and carnage will happen next, but that's what terrorists hope for. They aim to keep us unsettled, uneasy, and afraid. They have no army, no navy, no airforce, no uniforms, no heart for their fellow man. All they have is psychological manipulation and the element of surprise. They have one purpose: to kill everyone who isn't like them.

This is not the first time in history Muslim extremists have become aggressive toward everyone who is not a "believer", and we saw this attitude among the German Aryan fanatics in WWII, too -- "In order to purify the world, you all have to die." Idealistic young people latch on to this message, and they become cannon fodder for the diabolical old f*rts who send them out to do their dirty work. (Example: the old creep who paid suicide bombers' families for successfully encouraging their children to blow themselves up, forced his soldiers to go out and fight a glorious war against the foreign devils, left his villanous sons to shoot it out alone with the American soldiers...and then himself was finally located crouching in a spider hole.)

After we defeat these particular people, we'll eventually see it in other groups. The hope is that it will become less and less common as time goes on because we stand up to these people and refuse to run and hide.

Prayers for all of you, Ishbel.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom