Looking for Caramel Eclair Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luna_riddle

Assistant Cook
i was just recently watching the movie "Simply Irresistable" and i would love to try to make the eclairs that were made. Anyone know of a recipe?

Here's a great recipe for the choux paste used to make puffs and eclaires:

Cream puff pastry, or Choux Paste

This is the real thing. This is the best cream puff, or éclair paste recipe I’ve yet found.

Puff Shell Ingrediants:
1 cup Sifted AP Flour
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tbs. sugar
1 cup milk
1/3 cup butter
4 large eggs, brought to room temperature

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Sift together the flour, salt, and sugar. Set aside.
Place the milk and butter into a heavy sauce pan and bring to a boil. Add the other ingrediants, except the eggs, all at once. Quickly stir to combine, until a smooth ball is formed that no longer sticks to the pan. Remove from the heat and let sit for about two minutes.

Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix with a wooden spoon until completely incorporated. The finished dough should be shiny and form sturdy peaks when raised with a spoon.

For puffs (cream puffs)
Using two tablespoons, scoop out a heaping tablespoon of the dough with one and place onto a greased cookie sheet by scraping the dough free with the other. Leave room for expansion. Place the cookie sheet into the hot oven and bake for ten minutes. Turn down the heat to 350 and cook for an additional 25 minutes or so. Remove and let cook, in a calm area. When completely cooled, carefully cut the tops off and remove any soft portions from the interior. Save the tops.

For Eclairs
Place the choux paste into a plastic storage bag and cut off one corner. Squeese out 4 inch tubes of dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake as you would for the above puffs.

A great caramel filling for these is smply to purchase caramel dip for apples. Use a piping bag with suitable tip for filling the eclairs with caramel filling.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom