Make Your Own Panko

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And then have to wash the processor. The main reason I have only used it a handful of times since I bought it.
Same with the air fryer.
These things do work and work well. But until someone comes up with a machine that cleans itself this will be why these expensive purchases sit. Sit unused.
You could say the same about anything you use in the kitchen! Knives and chopping boards, pots and pans, plates, and knives, spoons, and forks, etc. You don't seem to be the type of cook that lives on TV dinners, and eating with plastic forks! I do remember some kids like that in college, however.:LOL:

Last edited:
When I have to wash my food processor it's a bit of a production. There are nooks and crannies in the lid that have to be dealt with. The blades have to be washed carefully because, they are not shaped to hold onto as easily as a knife. The bowl isn't an issue, but the above items take up my entire dish rack. There isn't room for anything else unless it's tiny. I did make sure to get a food processor that was dishwasher safe. They just didn't mention, until I got the instructions, that it was dishwasher safe only on the top rack. The bowl and even the lid did not fit on the top rack.

You could say the same about anything you use in the kitchen! Knives and chopping boards, pots and pans, plates, and knives, spoons, and forks, etc. You don't seem to be the type of cook that lives on TV dinners, and eating with plastic forks! I do remember some kids like that in college, however.:LOL:
Not really. The sink is easy and fast. Cutting boards are usually cleaned in place. Knives, Pots and pans in the sink and washed as I move through the dish.
Actually asked my wife to bring home some frozen meals after my last surgery. I lost 19 pounds.
I understand about the processor and that it can go right into the dishwasher. My wife even tells me she will clean it for me if I want to use it.
I also have to go downstairs to get it. But even when it was up here taking up valuable real estate, I rarely used it. I bought a blender a few months ago. Downstairs as well.
I guess they are not as important to me as I thought when I bought them?
Maybe if I used them I would see the benefit and put them to use more often.

all of those applioances are really only good for big jobs. At the farm I did not have a dishwasher, so putting them in there was never a decision. But I also knew that I would never have done it in the first place. Sharp knives and blades never go in a dishwasher anyhow, all plastic gadgets can only ever go on the top shelf, that's a given. Beside, especially with a FP - who wants to use up the area? Glasses, mugs and some bowls are meant for there! :-p !
The FP get washed immediately, tiny bit of soap, hot water, little brush (came with), swish, swish, done and on the drying rack. No biggie!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom