Meal Kit Delivery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another issue I had was at least %25 of the time an ingredient was missing. Didn't affect me, cause have a relatively well stocked kitchen/ pantry/ garden. But for someone who doesn't, it would be a real pain in the butt to assume you got an all-included box of ingredients for convenience, just to find out you have to run to the store to pick something up. Luckily I never had to, but I'm sure others have.

Wow, that would be extremely frustrating for, as you say Larry, those who come home from work, think supper will be on the table in about 30/40 minutes.
Would spoil the whole meal for me!

All great input...thanks to each of you for your time and posts!! I think I may look around for a local place. I know they have all sorts of locals that deliver already made (from research for MIL)...maybe there are some meal kit places too. Although, now, I'm kind of thinking that what I really need/want, is more of an inspirational "club"...ha, ha. Read thru, pick recipes for the week, click "add to shopping list"...go shopping... :bounce:
Okay, Ginny, check this out! Mealime! My friend swears by it. She said that it has many recipes that are free but, if you see many that you want, the cost is very little. You select your recipes, it builds you a shopping list, and you can edit it. My friend said that it has reduced food waste and eliminated the question "what's for dinner" in her house. I've made a few of the recipes and they were pretty tasty. It has an app that is very easy to use. You can even personalize your searches by what kinds of foods you want, dietary needs, etc.

Okay, Ginny, check this out! Mealime! My friend swears by it. She said that it has many recipes that are free but, if you see many that you want, the cost is very little. You select your recipes, it builds you a shopping list, and you can edit it. My friend said that it has reduced food waste and eliminated the question "what's for dinner" in her house. I've made a few of the recipes and they were pretty tasty. It has an app that is very easy to use. You can even personalize your searches by what kinds of foods you want, dietary needs, etc.
Thanks! That may be just what I need! Funny, a few minutes ago, I just remembered a friend using something similar? She cooks only once a month, as that is what works for her schedule...and freezes everything. That would make me crazy...or should that be crazier? :w00t2:

I don't want them to cook it! I like that part! It is just coming up with new stuff that is becoming a challenge? I've fallen into a rut!
That's exactly what happened to me and the reason I subscribed to one. I tried recipes I may have never tried before. I also used ingredients I may have never even heard of before. It was a nice learning experience, and I'm not sorry I did it

I’ve found this site to be helpful when I need a little inspiration

The videos from the Jacques Pepin foundation are another great option.

I follow him on FB, his people post a video every week or so highlighting a recipe or technique.

Last edited:
I’ve found this site to be helpful when I need a little inspiration

The videos from the Jacque Pepin foundation are another great option.

I follow him on FB, his people post a video every week or so highlighting a recipe or technique.
Thank you!!

Our Freddie's has a small selection of pre-cooked meals (think TV dinner, upgraded...meatloaf, etc) and then in the meats area, they have bulk frozen things that one "scoops" to take home. Neither one is particularly interesting to me...but MIL does buy those pre-cooked meals sometimes. Mostly she buys the buck-99 things in the freezer section. You know the ones, with like a lifetime of salt allowances in each package!? I talk till I'm blue in the face! :mad:

I'll take another look around...thanks, GG!
We stopped by our closest Freddie's today...nothing there for "meal kits" and they have removed the "scoop" stuff too. Too close to farmland to be a big draw? I'll check when we go to QFC, as it is located in the "high society" area of farmland...;)

Got the first box!

1 - Seared Steak & Pan Gravy with Brussels Sprouts & Sweet Potato Hash
2 - Martha's Classic Chicken Souvlaki Salad with Greek Feta Fries
3 - Easy Prep! Sheet Pan Parmesan Ranch Chicken with Smoky Potatoes & Green Beans
4 - Shrimp & Udon Stir-Fry with Broccoli & Bell Peppers

Ooops...I missed the "Broccoli" in #4. DH can't eat it. Well, he can, but then he is unwell for a few days. He said, "Use it & I'll just pick it out." I don't want to do that. I'll find something to use in its place and use the broccoli for the dogs' dinners.

Not sure which one I'll try first. I put all of the meat in the freezer and will thaw as used. I'm impressed with the veggies. All are fresh and look about like what I would choose myownself. I'm not fretting them going bad before I can use them. Recipe cards are included. I was wondering how that was going to work, wondering if I would be required to pull up recipes on the computer. I'll make a file of them, with notes for future.

The best part: I don't have to think too much! :ROFLMAO: Just read the card & follow instructions.

The whole box is well chilled. Each delivery comes in fresh from that days packing. The boxes are super insulated with large flat frozen packs on tops. (all reusable to a certain extent - and mine certainly were re-used)
These packages are not stored in a warehouse somewhere until an order is placed! As Ginny pointed out - the vegies are super fresh as if you yourself went to the store and got the best picks.
If your recipes include 2 meals with broccoli - they were packaged separately. Not together, you did not have to separate anything. If there was salad dressing, it came in small bottles geared to the serving sizes.
These meals are not cheap - but they don't skimp on either ingredients nor packaging.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom