Meals that I can prepare and freeze?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just do not like Pasta frozen....mine just turns too mushy after freezing, so I like to do it just before serving.

I always had trouble with homemade egg pasta dough until I read Darkstream's instructions posted 10-06-2004, 09:07 AM to discusscooking.com/forums/f20/who-makes-their-own-pasta-i-need-your-help-2887.html

Now I make pasta his way and freeze the (uncut) dough. It's not mushy even if kept frozen for a long time (in fact, we just had pasta last night made from a ball of pasta dough frozen Sep '05).

Gotta love all these wonderful DC posters!:)

I think everyone covered first base, second base, the infield and outfield, third base, but forgot home plate. So here's a couple that will work well for you, and help you through the post partem moments that make you wonder why you wanted to have a baby.:LOL: But believe me when I say that those moments will quickly pass as you watch that new young life take shape under your gently and guiding hands.

Cheesecake, apple pie, your favorite cake, frozen chocolate covered bananas, frozen fruit smoothies on a stick ( have a recipe somewhere under deserts for that one, and make sure to use banana in the recipe to create a smooth and creamy texture), frozen pudding pops, Knox Blocks finger jello (recipe on the Knox unflavored Gelatine package), pre-cooked pancakes, french toast, cinamon rolls, frozen yogurt, gellatoe, Sorbet and Sherbert, Hot fudge sundays (just pop into the microwave to heat the fudge. The ice cream will soften but not melt before the fudge gets hot.

Now remember, that after the baby is born, you're going to want to get back some of that girlish figure you had previous to the baby. So don't over-indulge on the sweets. Just don't forget them altogether. Also, though they taste great, sweet things, and foods made with highly processed flour are a major stress on the body.

Also, along with frozen, pre-made meals, don't forget the bags of pre-made salads at your grecers. They come in a variety of mixtures and can be easily turned into a meal by adding some cooked ground beef, or sliced ham, along with appropriate other ingredients. I know that taco-salad is a huge hit around here. And it's so easy to prepare. Just throw your favorite pre-made salad into a large bowl, add cooked ground beef (I like mine seasoned with chili powder, cumin, and coriander, w/s&p), diced tomato, a can of drained kidney beans, and sliced cucumber. Then crumble tortilla chips and fold into the salad with pre-shredded cheddar cheese from the store.

And remember, sometimes cooking a regular dinner will help distract you from you otherwise busy schedule and can be a form of creative release. So don't give up entirely on cookin a meal every now and again.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

You can pretty much freeze anything you already make. The only thing that doesn't freeze well is potatoes in something like soup or stew. They freeze fine if something like twice baked potatoes that have some milk products to stabilize them.
So make spagetti sauce, chicken pot pie, tetrazzini, quiche, chile, chicken cacciatore, marinara sauce to put over pasta with shrimp, Swiss steak, boeuf bourgignon, meatloaf (unbaked).

Back
Top Bottom