Meat Slicer Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did a quick search and they still seem to be available. Ours has a serrated blade and turns at a slow speed. It does a good job for our needs.

Do you ever buy the heavy German rye in a loaf? If you do, do you slice it with that machine? When I lived in Denmark, we used the Eva for cutting nice, think slices of the Danish version of that bread (rugbrød). If I find a slicer that can do that, I will seriously consider baking some of that bread.

When I bought it, it was not nearly so spendy! And I love the old tools. They often work better than anything else on the market today!

Thanks for the info. That model is discontinued and costs over 400 Cdn $. :ohmy:

I have added this one to my "maybes" wish list on Amazon, so I can find the name of that manufacturer later.

I would actually be interested in buying something in this style. Unfortunately, the vintage ones don't really have a thickness guide (at least I don't think they do), so how uniform the slices are depends on the abilities of the person using it. I have seen new ones, but DH saw a review of one and it simply collapsed into a mangled pile of bent and broken bits the first time the reviewer used it. I looked some more at the less expensive, modern ones and they sure do look like that could happen. The higher quality ones were a lot pricier. If I'm going to spend that kind of money, I'll just get the 305 Cdn dollar vintage Eva slicer from Etsy. I am very familiar with that brand. The one I inherited, yeah, I used that one a lot while living with my mum in Copenhagen.

Do you ever buy the heavy German rye in a loaf? If you do, do you slice it with that machine? When I lived in Denmark, we used the Eva for cutting nice, think slices of the Danish version of that bread (rugbrød). If I find a slicer that can do that, I will seriously consider baking some of that bread.

I realize it is a typo - but so funny - can be either intended word..

thin with an extra 'k'
or
thick with an 'n' instead of a 'c'

:LOL::LOL:

It wasn't hard to figure out, of course.
The purpose of a meat slicer is to produce even slices, usually thin, thick slices are achievable by hand.
:LOL: Maybe not even but doable.
But it was funny!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom