Minced meatballs with curry and komatsuna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dupontic

Assistant Cook
· Komatsuna (Japanese mustard spinach) 1/2 bunch (100g)
· Minced meat 200g
· Carrot 30g
· Onion 30g
· 2 teaspoons of curry powder
· 1/4 teaspoon of salt
· A little black pepper (ground)
----------
[Tartar sauce]
· 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
· 1 hard-boiled egg cut into small pieces
----------
· 1/2 teaspoon of salt for the Komatsuna
· 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil

Preparation
1. Wash the leaves of Komatsuna. Then cut the roots, discard them and cut the leaves and stems into 5 mm pieces. Sprinkle the komatsuna with half a teaspoon of salt and mix. Let stand about 5 minutes, then squeeze hard and discard excess water.
It is necessary to remove the water from the komatsuna, otherwise the meatballs will break.
During the resting time, mix the mayonnaise and the boiled egg for the tartar sauce.
2. mash together the carrot, onion and curry powder. Then mix it with the minced meat and komatsuna. Mix until meat and Komatsuna don't dissociate.
Divide into four equal balls and form a slight hollow in the center of each.

3. In a frying pan, heat 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat and add the meatballs. Cover and cook for about 3 minutes. When the meatballs begin to brown, turn them over, cover and cook another 3 minutes.

4. Place the meatballs in a plate with tartar sauce. These dumplings can be enjoyed with baked potatoes or fries.

Attachments

• boulettes de viande avec komatsuna.jpg
    boulettes de viande avec komatsuna.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! Komatsuna is not very available around here, but it is one of the many greens I have growing out there. I like it more than spinach, and it grows better for me.

In France Komatsuna is also very difficult to find. Here in Japan, you can find it anywhere. Comparing with the spinach, I find it more crispy, I don't know if it's the correct adjective but the sensation is different, especially when you cook it. I hope you'll enjoy the recipe.
Best regards,

Cédric

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom