Need Diabetic Picky Eater Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You arent the only one!
I am caregiver for a family and OMG! One will eat certain veggies, the other will eat the veggies the other doesnt like, lol.

They are both addicted to salt, but Jo (the sister) had a pulmonary edema (basically her lungs filled with fluid and she couldnt breathe). She thought she was drowning, that has scared the crap out of her, and she pretty much refuses salt now.

Their favorite foods are spaghetti, mac and cheese, meatloaf, hotdogs, polish sausage, chicken and noodles, hamburgers, hotdogs....in other words, comfort and junk food.

Marvin (the brother) will eat tomato salads (loves tomato, onion and cucumber with a sprinkling of salt). So I try to do that at least 5 times a week for him. Makes it so much easier!!

I typically run out of ideas quick
Marvin will not eat: pork, chicken, or steak, lasagna, no Mexican (tacos, enchiladas, etc), broccoli, green beans, other veggies, pizza.

Jo will not eat: Steak, spinach, (tho she will eat it raw) asparagus, peas, carrots, pepper (any kind, black, or the veggie), nothing spicy, bbq sauce.

Jo is easier, because she will eat A LOT more than Marvin, its easier to say what he will eat, rather than what he won't, lol.
I love them to death, but some days its like getting a 3 year old who only wants to eat pbj for weeks on end to venture out, lol.

Its crazy, some nights have I have to actually cook three or four separate meals (well main entrees, like for example, for Marvin I will do polish sausage, for Jo a pork chop, for Oak (her husband) a beef steak, and I will just either throw a second of one of those on, or just eat sides).

The only times I dont have to do separate ones is if it is spaghetti, meatloaf, hamburgers, chili, goulash, or a hamburger helper type meal.

*throws self off cliff, taking all spices and seasonings with me*

Back
Top Bottom