Need tips on baking a layer cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good luck GG. And you will do fine when you make it for the State Fair. Remember, you have folks from all over the globe rooting for you. We all want to be able to say, "I am friends with a State Winner!" :angel:

Looks scrumptious! Good luck, GG. Can't wait to find out that you won.;) And since your entry is in baking, this theatre person is going to say "break a plate". :-p Oh, wait, that's supposed to be :yum:.

Thanks again! Unfortunately, I didn't win. The two judges were split - one loved the frosting and one thought it was too strong. So, you can't please everyone's palate, but I learned a lot and had fun :)

Well, I think it looked splendid and a winner. In the County Fair game, there is always next year and now you have had some good practice.

images

it looked fantastic to me!

Taste is so subjective, it might have been too much for their unsophisticated palates! ;)

Aw, bummer. Your cake looked pretty enough to take the...cake? :LOL: Uh, ribbon! Better luck next year. At least you know now to dumb-down the flavor for the judges. ;)

Can I suggest putting 1-2 teasp of almond essence into your cake mix? It really is good, especially with the chocolate icing. Also ,put a pinch ( a PINCH mind)of cayenne pepper into your icing. That will 'pep' it up and stand out from the crowd....in a good way. Good luck GG. May the force be with you!

Back
Top Bottom