New Smoothie flavor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I've been experimenting with smoothies of late and have come up with an interesting and tasty flavor. I share it with you because it was surprisingly good.

2 tbs. protien powder with fiber and vitamins
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1 ripe, fresh tomato from the garden, twice the size of a golf ball
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbs. sweetener, or to taste
Ice water and cubes to fill blender plus ingredients to 2 cups.

Blend until smooth. The protien powder and fiber make the drink very bubbly, almost frothy. So you will need something that will hold about 20 ounces.

What surprised me was how well the tomato and raspberries complimented each other. I thought it would be a healthy, and drinkable smoothy. I didn't know it would taste great.:yum:

Another one that turned out very good was to make the above smoothie, but with wild blueberries and cantaloupe. Again, the combination was very tasty. Oh, and I put cucumber from my garden in that smoothie as well.

I'd like to see you strange, but delicious smoothie creations.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Does sound odd but I'll take your word for it Chief :) I'll give it a go as soon as I see rasberries in the supermarket again.
Which protein powder and fibre do you use?

Does sound odd but I'll take your word for it Chief :) I'll give it a go as soon as I see rasberries in the supermarket again.
Which protein powder and fibre do you use?

We've been using a product called - Visalis. It has a vanilla flavor to it, that adds to the overall smoothie flavor.

I'm thinking about picking up an unflavored protien powder, and trying to make a more savory protien smoothy, along the lines of a V8 style vegetable drink, or maybe a chicken flavored, thick smoothy that could be drank hot. That would be interesting, like a cream of chicken soup, but without the cream.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Lognwind of the North

We've been using a product called - Visalis. It has a vanilla flavor to it, that adds to the overall smoothie flavor.

I'm thinking about picking up an unflavored protien powder, and trying to make a more savory protien smoothy, along the lines of a V8 style vegetable drink, or maybe a chicken flavored, thick smoothy that could be drank hot. That would be interesting, like a cream of chicken soup, but without the cream.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Lognwind of the North

Thank you Chief :) I'll look for Visalis. I will have to try it with USN vanilla protein powder if I can't find. It's also good.

The savoury idea sounds good. Maybe with beetroot and some sort of souring agent. Perhaps some yogurt?

Let us know what you try, would love to know how it turned out :)

Back
Top Bottom