Northern Lights Tonight!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GinnyPNW

Master Chef
So, we are heading to the beach today...but, tonight, we'll be looking for the Northern Lights. Earlier predictions said 17 States have a chance of seeing them...low on the horizon. Today, they have cut that back to:
  • Idaho
  • North Dakota
  • Montana
  • Alaska
  • Wisconsin
  • Minnesota
  • Michigan
  • Washington
They didn't include what areas of Canada...sorry!

smileys-camping-068148.gif

I'm interested! We're in WI. I notice the moon whenever I can see it. I love seeing the northern lights here, but that isn't very often.
The weather forecast for us is partly cloudy tonight, so I will try to see them. It might be partly clear! I hope.

Good luck Ginny and blissful on seeing the lights. They would be visible here in the Montreal area, but it's overcast and we still have severe thunderstorms in the forecast for tonight.

Used to see them driving either to or from the cottage (Quebec, Canada). Loved it, always spectacular! Could see them occasionally from Beaconsfield, Quebec but really too close to the big city (Montreal) for the best lights.
I'm out in the country right now but like taxy, too much cloud cover right now. With a long drive tomorrow, certainly not staying up.

I wonder how the aurora will actually be tonight. The forecasts were on again off again. "Large coronal mass ejection, it's heading towards earth" "Looks like the coronal mass will miss earth".

We drove out to the beach rather than try walking the trail in the dark. Saw diddly squat. The sky to the north was unusually light. 🤷

We had some cloud cover. I didn't see anything but I only looked around 10 pm.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom