Official® Tuesday Night Dinner ~ 11/9/2021

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
I just got back from a Girl's Getaway to the "Big City".
Some of us Neighborhood Gal Pals drove down together to visit
with one of ours that has moved to another State.
She was back in town at her Sister's, so we planned an
overnight trip and crashed on their sofas.

IMG_1036.jpg

We had Cosmopolitans in the cutest glasses that Gal Pal made!

IMG_1037.jpg

I brought a big ole pot of my Paniolo (that's Hawaiian for Cowboy) Chili,
that I made the day before. I also brought all of the fixin's,
so that no one had to do anything and we could get to the
business at hand...

IMG_1038.jpg

Playing cards and games like Mexican Train, and we play for money!
We were up until 1am, it was so much fun!

I had made a double batch of Chili, so now I don't
have to cook again tonight, it'll be a repeat here in Cowboyville.

What'cha cookin' ?

Pan fried marinated flank steak, deli potato salad and homemade macaroni salad. Also, a green side salad and tomato juice.

flank_steak_110921_IMG_8898.jpg

salad_110921_IMG_8894.jpg

I've started a batch of baby back ribs in the sous vide...but that will be for DH birthday dinner, tomorrow night! Tonight, I'm making a new-to-me recipe for Chicken Curry. My usual recipe is an all-day event. This one is supposed to be great in about 30 minutes. We'll see. Along with the curry, we'll have Rice Cooker Coconut Rice and naan.

That's the plan here! It has been a tough day...ended with MIL yelling at me on the phone 'cuz she goofed up her TV again. I just fixed it on Sunday and she claims I did not. Says, I'm not calling you a liar, but it was not working when you left. Sigh. Unfortunately, I didn't get her food order or a moment to try to walk her thru fixing it herself. I guess we'll make that trek again tomorrow.

I pulled a tub of grandma's sauce with Italian sausage and meatballs, so all I need to do is remove it from the plastic container and put it in a glass container for the microwave or in a pot for the stovetop, and select a macaroni shape. Oh, and I might as well stick the Take-N-Bake Tuscan loaf in the oven, too.

I pulled a tub of grandma's sauce with Italian sausage and meatballs, so all I need to do is remove it from the plastic container and put it in a glass container for the microwave or in a pot for the stovetop, and select a macaroni shape. Oh, and I might as well stick the Take-N-Bake Tuscan loaf in the oven, too.

OK, now I'm hungry all over again!

We finished off the last of the Bufarella as an hors-d'œuvre. We had smoked salmon on bagels with cream cheese, sliced onion, and capers. There were also a couple of dill pickles.

15 homemade calzones, and one mini Stromboli. Fillings included chopped black olives, my own pizza sauce, fresh mozzarella cheese, sun-dried tomato, mild Italian sausage, Margarita brand pepperoni, grated Parmigiana Reggiano. Calzones were brushed with milk, and baked to golden brown. My upper back, and neck ached by the time I was done.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North.

I've started a batch of baby back ribs in the sous vide...but that will be for DH birthday dinner, tomorrow night! Tonight, I'm making a new-to-me recipe for Chicken Curry. My usual recipe is an all-day event. This one is supposed to be great in about 30 minutes. We'll see. Along with the curry, we'll have Rice Cooker Coconut Rice and naan.

That's the plan here! It has been a tough day...ended with MIL yelling at me on the phone 'cuz she goofed up her TV again. I just fixed it on Sunday and she claims I did not. Says, I'm not calling you a liar, but it was not working when you left. Sigh. Unfortunately, I didn't get her food order or a moment to try to walk her thru fixing it herself. I guess we'll make that trek again tomorrow.

The Coconut Rice was great! The curry isn't something I'll make again, at least, not without a few changes. DH liked it, me, ehhhh.

IMG_5797 (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom