Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DampCharcoal said:
Grrrrrr. Can I blow my top with self censored profanity? The past couple days have been a real test. :censored:

hahahha! I owe ya one bud... "what a #%&& day! That jack#^^ cut me off on the#$%^ freeway on the way to &$%# work!!! Then, get this, THEN, my dumb*&#$ coworker, showed up about 8 %$^#:49 A %#^ M!!!! Don't ^#$#$#% get me started on the $^##$ %^^#^ Christmas shoppers!!!! BAH $%#$^# HUMBUG!!!!!"

:LOL: Yep, you pretty much nailed it Shannon! All I can add is that the f*#&@ idiots that get in my f*!)*@ way should all burn in h@&*. Stupid b*$*!^!

I know I am not allowed to say naughty words in this forum, but I am really tempted.Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. (breath in)Well, I am supposed to teach these adult students at a christian centre(they are from all denominations and from all over the world and are just finishing their course with an African cultural night)how to cook chapatis and beef samosas. Thing is for the samosas as tomorrow is a really busy day for me(my kids school carol service in the afternoon and the african cultural night in the evening) I really have to cook the samosa filling tonight. I normally cook chicken samosa for the family,my kids don't like beef samos(slang) and I keep tasting this beef samosa filling and something is missing, it just doesn't taste like I know it to taste.Something needs to be added to it and I am not sure what. My hubby is not home from work and he will be going out on a dad's night with other dads from my daughter's class.He usually tastes it and says what he thinks it is that needs to be added because he knows how I prepare the stuff.I also need to make maandazis for the after carol service do tomorrow, and dinner.I feel like going on some more, but I better not.

Last edited:
Whoa...Shannon and Damp...time to stop driving. Get away from the madness! I completely relate, I live 5 minutes from the largest Mall in the world (no it isn't Mall of America although they would like you to think that.) and let me tell you the traffic there around Christmas is downright horrifying. We have to go past it to take our kids to their dance lessons and starting in about November we need to plan an extra 5 minutes at least just to get around all the stupidity there. OK you two, breathe, and pour a glass of wine/beer and put your feet up. Breathe.

sizzles, life sure does get crazy about now. I wish I could help and come taste your filling for you (sounds yummy!) but the best I can do is suggest you maybe look for a recipe on here. Maybe that would spark something for you and you would realize what was missing. In any case, hang in there, the crazy time is nearly done. And feel free to vent as long as you like, thats what this thread is for. We all need to do that from time to time.

Ooooh, poor thing... just do what you can, if something is beyond your control and can not be done, well, let it go... There is a limit to what one person can handle!! that is Cris's philosophy, who is constantly swamped with 100 things that need to be done sooner than yesterday.
Try not to stress yourself out that is the last thing you want these days!!

Well, as for samosas there seem to be lots and lots of recipes out in the internet, I am not sure which, or if any of them are authentic and truly good, so I let you give it a look for yourself... I hope it will help!!

Google search result for Kenyan samosa

Good luck and I hope you will find some peace, and tomorrow will be a great day for you!!:)

Sorry, folks! I went a bit off the deep end during the Christmas Shopping Gauntlet of Death. I should have known better than to spew obscenities. If it makes any difference, I'm in a MUCH better mood now! :mrgreen:

Got It!

Wow, After posting my 'venting' went and tasted the filling, it just needed more lemon!, That's all.Seems like sometimes one has to disassociate with the food for a few minutes to get it right it it doesn't taste right(this is one spicy mother*^&%)I wish you were all my guests tonight. We could have them as starters!:)Someone who knows herself :D would get us all margaritas.

Last edited:
I have spent most of the afternoon trading emails with a co-worker on who is in charge of approvals on this project we are both working on.

Apparently my role now includes oversight of what she is doing (my role, in addition to editing about a dozen technical reports, includes serving as the liaison between the graphics artist and the technical team, and now the person in charge of putting stuff on the project website).

We have a rogue colleague who issues instructions to the production people (me, this co-worker, and others) without informing the project manager/deputy project manager of what she is doing, usually with erroneous results. Said rogue is taking tomorrow off - everyone is working from home today because of the weather - so will not be around when I try to get everyone involved in a meeting tomorrow to find out for sure who does what, who approves what, yada yada. And oh, yes - we are on an accelerated schedule for completing this work.

I have done nothing I plannned to do this afternoon (turning Structural EngineerSpeak into English). I have, however, managed to wash and dry a load of clothes and get the tourtiere ready for baking later in between emails.

This has not been a good day for me. I haven't even had a chance to talk to James about it, and he is here to pick me up now, so I'm about to go cry on his shoulder and pray really hard. I'm very depressed about a situation at work. I feel like packing everything up and moving very far away from here.

:( Barbara

P.S. If you are on later sis, and you're ready to have your shoulder cried on, or by then be blasted by a major VENT, I'll be on later. Something put in motion by the "Nutt" if you get my meaning.

Oh Barbara, I'm sorry your feeling that way. I hope everything turns around for you! I know James will make you feel better anyway!!
{{{{{{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}}}}}

Great!! Our boss decided to have our Christmas party tomorrow instead of next week, well, my nephew got my youngest son's name and had me order his gift 2 weeks ago. IT'S NOT HERE!! Our party is at 12 noon and the mail doesn't run here until 3 which the party will be over and everyone gone then!

I will be soooo glad when Christmas is over!!!

Barb,
I know we shouldn't blame the season for all our woes, but, we get so busy preparing and wanting things just so for those we love, that at times things run over us...By now I bet you've talked to James and are feeling a little better...I hope so..Just remember, there are so many of us who love you and want things to be just right for the two of you...Things will clear up and YOU will come out on top...I've had a couple of days when I would gladly have torn down the house and left town for good..Then I looked at my kids and my grandkids and DH and realized..This is where I belong and I love these people, I'll just turn my back on anything unpleasant and if it doesn't go away, I'll work to get rid of it....Just remember any of us would be glad to help you fight the fight...
kadesma

Ah! Shoot! I can't karma anymore because I gave out karma to ten people. Shoot!

Cameron

kadesma said:
Then I looked at my kids and my grandkids and DH and realized..This is where I belong and I love these people, I'll just turn my back on anything unpleasant and if it doesn't go away, I'll work to get rid of it....Just remember any of us would be glad to help you fight the fight...
kadesma
Thanks!

Actually, if I pack up and move, James will be going with me, and we will be closer to family--either mine in California or his in Iowa. Neither of us has anyone here (except each other and a great church family and best friend).

As a matter of fact, a few days ago, I was trying to take a nap after work, and I could not get to sleep for an hour. Every time I closed my eyes, I saw a house surrounded by snow and kept getting this weird thought that we should move to Ottumwa (where James was born and raised). I would love nothing more than to be near my family in California, but to be honest, I don't think we could ever afford to live there. Anyway, it's all in God's hands. As long as I am with James, I don't care where I am, but I could really do without these problems at work.

:) Barbara

Thanks Cameron. I am feeling better because I know that my boss doesn't control my life. Someone much higher up does. :angel: And James is very supportive, so that also makes me feel better.

:) Barbara

P.S. When I got in the car, James looked at me and asked what was wrong. I started bawling and said, "Can we go to Taco Bell?" I told him my problems, then I said that I needed either 7,000 Taco Supremes or a 5 gallon vat of mashed potatoes and gravy!!!

Barbara, you've probably discovered this for yourself, but I didn't until after I wasn't working anymore: There is more than one reason you are working where you are. I wish I had known that or had time to think about it when I was working. I always considered myself working just to earn a living and never thought about my influence on those around me. I always tried to be fair and honest about my work, but never saw there was a much deeper reason I was placed where I was. I've tried to use the same principle for wherever I am or go since then. I've noticed that people feel free to approach me and talk, mostly older people. They always seem to feel better after we've talked a bit. I hope your life gets less stressful and you turn your lemons into lemonade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom